Question on revison please

Chici
on 10/21/06 2:58 am
I had wls surgery the first of May 2004.  I did quite well and lost 100 lbs.  Then at the end of April 2006 I started to go in reverse and have gained 24 lbs to date.  This terrifies me.  I went to my family doctor who is an internal medical spec. and he agrees that something doesn't sound right.  So he is going to run some tests on me Weds. upper and lower abdomen {sp?} x-rays along with test to check out my sluggish gallbladder {been having some problems there also}. I go back to him on Thursday to see the results.  My husband works for Delphi and I have BCBS PPO insurance.  I just wondered if anyone here had the same insurance and if so, have you been approved for a revision?   I hope and pray that I will qualify.  I want to be slim so bad.  I have changed nothing in my diet and now to be gaining that fast scares me to death.   Another question is after revision, does your diet go back to the beginning with liquids only for a while, etc?  That WILL NOT be a problem with me if I am lucky enough to qualify and become approved. 
(deactivated member)
on 10/23/06 8:48 am - TX
I have BCBS National PPO and had no problems getting my revision approved from failed RNY to DS.  Good luck to you.
Sewcrazy
on 10/25/06 4:40 am - Largo, FL
Chici I had my first WLS in 1979 I tried to have a revision with the same insurance co. about a 1 -2 years out, they refused me. In the early 2000 I decided I would try again with my present co, BCBS PPO. After a lot hoops to jump though I did get approved. I had my revision  Dec 04, lose 130 #'s. I've working very hard to keep it off. I'm still trying to lose, I'm doing Weigh****chers, which isn't helping me lose. In two months I've lost 8#"s gained a few lost a few. Have you tried to " go back to basic's" ?  Yes if you have a revision you will have to go back to Liq. diet ,    Best of luck  Carole      
(deactivated member)
on 10/26/06 9:01 am - TX
Also wanted to add if you're looking into a revision check out the DS surgery.  At 54, I didn't want another failed weight loss surgery with more adhesions and no surgeon in the country would touch me.  I did tons of research and decided that the DS gave me the best odds of never regaining my weight.  Good luck to you.
Most Active