Fear of revision

freddyt.30
on 9/13/06 9:38 am - Baton Rouge, LA
Hello everyone     I am seriously thinking about having a revision but I am afraid because it is a riskier surgery. One of the primary reasons I am afraid because of the difficult time I had going through my first surgery. I want ot know how many of you also share the same feelings that I have? and for everyone who has had a revision could you offer some encouragement or advice? Fred
luckycat1
on 9/15/06 12:03 pm - Cincinnati, OH

I had revision surgery from stomach stapling done in the late 80's to RNY on March 2nd.  I was able to have Lap Rny.  My surgery took longer due to scar tissue issues (I think like 4 hours).  I ended up with pneumonia was in ICU for two days then in the hospital for 2 1/2 wks.  Oh yeah you wanted encouragement--lol.  I would do it all over again in a heart beat.  My doctor made my pouch smaller then he usually does and did a fobi pouch due to the failed wls prior. So far I am down 135 pounds.  My only regret is that I did not do this sooner.  You might want to talk to your surgeon to make sure you do not have some sort of machancial failure or just talk to your surgeon about a revision.  Maybe the lap band is an opition. Good luck to you. MJ

ALABAMA
on 9/15/06 6:44 pm - STONE MOUNTAIN, GA

I share the same feeling with you.  I'm flying out on monday for a consultation with a doctor for a revision of  rny to ds. I stopped loosing weight 6 months into the surgery, that was almost 6 yrs ago. 

Most Active