HAs any had this ?????

mikkozoe
on 8/10/06 11:14 pm - Conyers, GA
Ok i just went and had a upper GI done ...and they said my pouch is still the size of a golf ball which is good ...But nothing stays in it ...Everything just goes straight to the intenstiens ...And that that opening is super big that is why i am never full or anything like that ....I know a few people on here had some issues but i was not sure if you had this and if you did what did they do? Laura
debrahn
on 8/11/06 6:44 am - Goodyear, AZ
Laura, Read my profile - it will answer some questions. Best of luck! Debbie
mikkozoe
on 8/12/06 12:44 am - Conyers, GA
well nice to know i am not the only one and your story and history is mine to a TEE i almost started to cry i could not belive it .......So do you have to have another surgery to fix this ? that is what i am afraid of and i dont want that but i think that is what i am going to have too do ...UGHHH but i will do what ever just so i can get thsi working properly i went thru too much to have this done for it not to work ya know ..... Laura
debrahn
on 8/12/06 2:15 pm - Goodyear, AZ
yep - having a revision 9/12 - as much as I don't want another surgery, I have hope for the 1st time in over 4 years. And I've quit beating myself up over failing. I have alot of confidence in my surgeon and that it will be done right this time. Start with getting the (written) criteria for revision from your insurance - get a consult with WSL surgeon - you'll probably need an endoscope (insurance and surgeon will require it) and really educate yourself. And keep posting. Debbie
sopralto
on 8/11/06 1:42 pm - WA
Debbie what are they revising you to? Is your pouch outlet going to be made smaller? Anygthing else?
debrahn
on 8/12/06 2:23 pm - Goodyear, AZ
Kathy, Yes, making the opening smaller. My pouch size is ok so nothing will be done to it - the doctor said something about shortening the amount bypassed.
Ronni A.
on 8/17/06 1:56 pm - Durham, NC
You just described me!!! Ijust had a revision. My Dr. suggested a LapBand. It seems to be working. It also seemed logical to me. What I needed was restriction. The LapBand will provide that. The other good thing about it is that it is not a one time fix. If you need more fill, you can have it done from time to time to make the restriction tighter. I know there was another person on this board that had the same thing done and she said it worked great for her. Good luck!!
STACEYG
on 8/24/06 4:33 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Kathy and Ronni, Same thing also happened to me..My original RNY was 1985..was told to eat carbs and diet soda was okay...duh...no wonder it was over 2 inches...I had a lap band..it is working great down 59.5 lbs since 4/4/06...good luck. Stacey
Most Active