RNY to DS Revision

beth75
on 8/6/06 10:22 am - Brownsboro, AL
I had RNY 2 years ago and lost almost no weight, could eat as much as I did before. I'm haveing an open revision to a DS on the 15th in San Francisco with Dr. John Husted ( used to be in Nashville ) who joined Drs. Rabkin and Rabkin who are pioneers in DS surgery. All three are very experienced at revision surgery. Their web site is www.paclap.com and there reputation is excellent but they are not cheap. I will keep you updated on how things go. I live in Alabama and will spend 2 weeks in SF for the surgery. I'm excited and a little anxious. Anyone out there had RNY to DS revsion? Beth
ALABAMA
on 8/9/06 10:08 am - STONE MOUNTAIN, GA
Beth can you share your cost for the surgery . I have federal ppo als and I'm looking for a revision from the RNY to DS. I live in stone mountain,ga. Thank you glenda j.
beth75
on 8/9/06 12:02 pm - Brownsboro, AL
Sure. There is a Dr. Smith that does DS in Marietta I think. I don't know if he has much experince in revision surgery. I'm having mine in San Francisco where it was approved. Fed. BC goes through what ever state you are looking to have the proceedure in so I don't know how GA is about approving the revision. Apart from that, my surgeon does not contract with any insurance company so the surgeon fees are out of network but my hospital fees are covered with $100 copay. The surgeon requires $10,000 up front for a $15,000 fee for a revision. This includes 2 surgeons to do the proceedure and the prodeedure is open. I presume a lap would be cheaper. Fees are different beween surgeons too. The insurance is only paying a % of what they consider to be resonable and i have a feeling I'll be owing more. Plus the cost of flying out to SF and stayin in a hotel for 14 days, it is adding up, bu I can't get it done in Alabama and after the RNY failed, I wanted the best. The docs I'm going to practically invented the DS, they were pioneers and are very experinced in revision surgery. Hope this helps and keep me up to date on your journey. I used to live in Snellville and Stone Mountain before that. Now I'm in Huntsville, AL, so we're almost neighbors! Beth
IPlayPiano
on 8/19/06 3:41 pm - Ventura County, CA
Beth, Come over to the DS board...there are lots of revisions by the Drs. Rabkin and my doc too, Ara Keshishian. Regards, Fern B.
Most Active