Need Revision: Lap RNY to DS- Self Pay

WJ
on 8/2/06 10:00 am - Miami Beach, FL
Looking for recommendations, experiences... How much? Where? DS done Lap or open? Happy with outcome vs. early days with RNY? Thanks for any input. I'm a Lap RNY (1999) - lost all my weight... thought it would last forever! Ha! I feel like I'm in a life and death struggle now. For the past 4 months - dieting like a fiend ( and starving all the time) working out 6 times a week and the weight is bearly budging. Time for surgical intervention! Wendy
(deactivated member)
on 8/5/06 4:12 am - Atlanta, GA
If you are willing to selfpay I recommend you Dr. Mikler, he has very good deals www.byebyeobesity.com Best of Luck Michael
pepperboy
on 8/6/06 5:05 am - oxnard, CA
Look into Dr. Ara Keshishian in Delano, CA...He has lots of experience with revisions...one of the best for DS...period! But whatever Dr. you chose, make sure that they do, have DS surgery experience. Go to Duodenalswitch.com for a list of DS docs. Good luck, Annie
~~Sami~~ *.
on 8/22/06 3:22 am - Jacksonville, FL
Check the DS boards, but I know a lot of self pays go to Brazil.  Dr. Marchenisi (or some name like that).  Think he's really affordable, but extremely experienced.  ~$13000-$15000  for surgery, plus airfare, and hotel for 2 weeks.

Lap-Band June 14, 2001. Dr. Rumbaut, Monterrey, Mexico.
Lap-Band removed after 7 years and converted to Sleeve Gastrectomy on July 7, 2008 by Dr. Roslin.  I've had three happy healthy Lap-Band babies.... and one VSG baby.  5 years out from revision to VSG.  Gained 55 pounds in past 5 months, now considering DS. :(

Most Active