Need Revision Advice

patti_in_syracuse
on 7/29/06 3:57 pm - Syracuse, NY
I had vertical banded gastroplasty in 2001. I lost over 100 lbs. Later, had to have gall bladder out, and that's when the weight started coming back. I'm back to my original weight now. I've spoken to a surgeon about a revision, but I'm pretty scared. Any thoughts?
(deactivated member)
on 7/31/06 1:09 pm - TX
http://obesityhelp.com/forums/DS/posts.html my thoughts are. The RNY failed me once. I wouldn't have it again. I'm having DS surgery (revision) on Aug. 25. I will have the best option of never regaining this weight with this surgery. Good luck to you.
patti_in_syracuse
on 7/31/06 2:48 pm - Syracuse, NY
Dawn, Thanks for your honest feedback. What exactly is the DS surgery? ~Patti
(deactivated member)
on 8/2/06 3:22 am - Plano, TX
I had the VBG in 2003. I had a staple-line rupture and I went in and had a revision to the Gastric Bypass and I'm doing very well. I'm 7 weeks post op and have lost 39 lbs.
lunastella
on 8/2/06 6:17 am - St Paul, MN
Patty, I too had the VBG in 1991 and lost then gained most of it back. This past January I had a revision to a DS. I am down 65 lbs now and it seemed virtually effortless - in fact I can eat almost normally and still lose. Do your research!!! Good Luck!! Laura
patti_in_syracuse
on 8/6/06 9:28 pm - Syracuse, NY
Laura, Can you please tell me a little bit about your DS surgery? Thanks, Patti
(deactivated member)
on 8/3/06 5:04 am - Chicago, IL
What about VSG?
patti_in_syracuse
on 8/6/06 9:26 pm - Syracuse, NY
Amanda, Can you please tell me a little bit about VSG?
luckycat1
on 8/5/06 10:07 am - Cincinnati, OH
I had my revision done back on march 2nd. I had my stomach stalped back in the late 80's. I gained all of my weight back except for about 50 lbs. I had Lap Rny. I am down 110 lbs. I feel pretty good. I have not had any dumping issues (I have not tried sugar or sweets-----I just need to stay away from food like that) . My doctor cleaned up some scar tissue from my 1st surgery (I can really tell a difference). Anyway good luck to you on your new journey. MJ
Most Active