RNY failure

lifecoachdebby
on 7/26/06 6:38 am - Sacramento, CA
Is there anyone on this site who's RNY failed and then had a different surgery done with hope for greater success? What did you have done and how did it work out? :-S
bobsgirl
on 7/27/06 6:02 am - San Mateo, CA
I am having an RNY revision from a VBG, I have high hopes for this surgery. One I am older and wiser. Two, I am armed with information that previously (in 1992) no one provided me to be successful. Because of my previous surgery I will be having a wedge of my stomach removed, be in the hospital for 5 days and come with a gastric tube for a week. My surgery date is August 14.
lifecoachdebby
on 7/27/06 6:19 am - Sacramento, CA
Thank you for your reply. It sounds like you're going to have a revision to what I have now. What went wrong with your first procedure? Why didn't it work? What did you learn that has mafe you wiser this time?
pepperboy
on 7/27/06 8:31 am - oxnard, CA
You might want to look into DS, lots have gone to DS after RNY, Dr. K in Delano, CA good luck...Annie
lifecoachdebby
on 7/28/06 7:19 am - Sacramento, CA
Hi Annie, thank you for your reply. What is Dr. K's full name? Is there a website he/she is on? I live near Sacramento. Where is Delano? Do you know of a specific person or two who actually had the DS done after RNY? All the best to you! :wave:
wrigk
on 7/31/06 12:50 pm - Delano, CA
Debby: Dr. K's name is Ara Keshishian. His web site is www.dssurgery.com. Delano is 30 miles north of Bakersfield and 75 miles south of Fresno. Dr. K is very experienced and successful at revisions to DS. He holds a monthly group meeting in Sacramento the first Friday of each month. If you would e-mail me I will be able to give you more details. [email protected] or [email protected] Blessings, Kathie
(deactivated member)
on 7/31/06 1:06 pm - TX
There is a DS forum right here on OH. Look into it before you commit yourself to a RNY. To answer the original posters question of anyone having a failed RNY and getting another surgery, yes, I had a RNY in 94, which had staple line disruption in 96 and I am having a Ds in 23 days! I don't want another surgery which could fail me. Not to mention the better quality of life after surgery the DS gives. One more time and that's it for life.
srollins33
on 8/4/06 6:48 am - ARLINGTON, TX
Just curious-how long ago did you have you RNY and did you lose any weight at all?
Ronni A.
on 8/17/06 1:48 pm - Durham, NC
My RNY failed. I had it done Oct 13, 2000. I initially lost around 75lbs. I stoped losing and then finally started to gain the weight back... around 30lbs.... So, I decided to do the LapBand. I just had it done 08/08/06. I have already started to lose again. My feeling is that the LapBand allows you to adjust when you start to weaken. I know a lot of people keep talking about the DS. I did mention that to my Dr. and he said that his group (who btw have been doing this type of surgery for over 30 years) said that they do not do the DS proceedure because they feel it is too radical. And there are too many chances for things to go wrong. He suggested the LapBand. So far, I am glad that I did it. Well, I hope my 2 cents help.
Most Active