Revision Surgeons in Dallas Area?

KellyeE
on 7/17/06 4:32 am - joshua, TX
Hello, Are any of you aware of surgeons that will do revision surgery in the Dallas Texas area? I think what i am interested in is the stoma tightening versus the redo of the RNY i had last year. I originally losst 170 pounds and have gained almost 50 of it back. I dont want to gain more and woulld like to loose the other 50. Any help would be greatly appreciated. kellye
(deactivated member)
on 7/17/06 10:22 am - Plano, TX
My doctor who did mine is Stephen Hamn. He's in Plano, TX. Or his partner Dr. Cribbins.
deborah L.
on 7/23/06 2:22 am - dallas, TX
Hi, How do you like him for the kind of surgery you had? I used him for my lapBand. LOL have recommended another doc for those looking into that. I want to get a revision done, but I need to find a doc to do it. Do you feel that he has taken good care of you...I mean "after care" type thing?
(deactivated member)
on 7/23/06 10:14 am - Plano, TX
When I first found out that I would need a revision, I almost wanted to find another doctor to do it. Dr. Hamn wanted me to go see a shrink, because he felt that I was the one that caused the staple line to rupture with my VBG. I disagreed. Nonetheless, I had to admit to myself that I knew he was a good surgeon and knew what he was doing, and I trusted him the most. So I went to see Dr. Whitehurst, a psychologist in Plano. He made me feel so much better about the whole thing. He definitely ruled out an emotional eating disorder. So after seeing Dr. Whitehurst three times, I went back to Dr. Hamn and he agreed to do the revision. He didn't seperate my stomach, which sort of made me nervous, because I didn't want my staple line to rupture again. But he did staple across and then rerouted my small intestine to my new pouch. He also reassured me that there would be little chance of the staple line rupturing because the stoma (opening between the pouch and intestine) was much larger than with the VBG. So there's not as much chance of getting something stuck. So it's the RNY without the stomach separation. So far, so good. As far as after the surgery, he was just fine. He came to see me every day (sometimes late, but came nonetheless). He was on top of everything. His office staff was very helpful (better than the ones he had before). I really can't complain about him.
Most Active