I have a date

staceymae
on 5/30/06 1:27 pm - Edson, Canada
Hi everyone...just found out today that I go for surgery in 2 weeks for a revision from VBG to RNY.............Holy crap.........Soooooo much to do so little time.............I leave for Vegas on the 2nd...back on the 5th....appointments for pre admission day after......Surgery on the 13th!!!!!!!!!!! I work 4 on and 4 off so only 4 shifts to go.................yup quitely freaking out now!!!!!!!!!!! plus I have a wicked head cold right now!!!!!!!!! I hope it is gone by then.....Good luck to everyone else!!
navywife1988
on 6/2/06 10:17 pm - Norfolk, VA
Wow, sounds like you will be staying busy before surgery. May be a good thing though. It won't give you as much time to sit around and worry about it like I did. Best of luck to you. Getting a revision was the best decision I've made. At 6.5 months post-op I'm down 100lbs and only have 1 or 2 lbs before I'm out of the 200s. I haven't been this weight since jr. high or high school and it feels great. Hope everything goes well for you. Brenda
bridgette0229
on 7/6/06 9:29 am - Beaverton, OR
Congrats!! What did you have to go through to get the revision? Is it paid for by insurance? I am starting in to the process, trying to schedule an appointment with a surgeon here to get evaluated. Had VBG on 5-16-02, lost 90 lbs, getting to 160...but over the past 2 years or so I've been gaining steadily. I am now at 210 and scared that it won't stop. I have terrible reflux these days and am now thinking that both are due to something wrong with my band or staples. Any advice?
staceymae
on 7/18/06 4:41 pm - Edson, Canada
HI there everyone I am home for a couple of hours, I have been camping at a lake for a couple of weeks, recouping!! Fishing is great therapy... As for how I got it paid for, it is covered by Alberta Health Care here in Canada, I was seeing the Dr. and dietician for a year then was booked in about a month for surgery. All went well, I still have a small opening in my incision but they used the same incision line as the VBG so no new scar!! I was 235 when I went in for surgery, 258 when I came home and I now weigh 204!!!!! I can definately tell that there is something different in me from the VBG, I haven't had heartburn, dumped or thrown up because I ate too much. I sometimes feel naseated, gravol helps also I notice a HUGE change in my "waste management system" I am hoping that will settle down as it will make drivng my 200 ton truck kinda hard!! I am walking 6 km at a time in hour and feeling better every day!! Also, NOTHING tastes good, taste buds are waaaaaay out of wack!!! This too shall pass!! Take care all...Stace
Most Active