How much does it cost?SHHHH--secrets!

sopralto
on 5/22/06 4:17 pm - WA
I set up appointment with Dr. Thompson's office and no one would tell me the cost of endoscopic gastric bypass repair. Not even what Dr. Thompson charges for the first consult! I was told there are many fees involved, anesthesiologist, hospital fees, equipment, ect and they can't quote these. I understand this, but surely they know what an office visit costs! When I had my gallbladder out, the doctor told me his fee for the surgery up front. This obscurity of fees has made my husband, an accountant, very nervous. The girl making appointments even complained about message boards saying we were giving away their cost secrets.(Not her exact words!) She said its like our message boards are trying to run their practice. So please! If anyone gets a bill for this endoscopic bypass repair, would you post the totals so I can just have a ballpark figure? I promise not to mention it to anybody, just so I can save my pennies. It would help to know if I am looking at $5000 or $20,000. Thanks!
smileey
on 5/22/06 10:41 pm - FL
I really dont know and I too, have an appointment with Dr Thompson. His secretary told me I could call my insurance company with the procedural codes, which she gave me, to find out. When I spoke to the GI scheduler she told me that it wouldnt need preapproval from my insurance company at all and would be covered as an endoscopy would and I have had 13 of those in the last year so I know what to expect there (ugh). If you would like the procedural codes to call your ins co. just email me. Cindi
sopralto
on 5/30/06 1:43 pm - WA
My insurance is an HMO, so I can't just have an endoscopy outside our network and expect them to pay for it. However, I've had an endoscopy and my HMO sent me to an outside gastroenterologist, so maybe there is hope!
Most Active