which tests are ordered for revision?

sopralto
on 5/22/06 3:59 am - WA
When you want to know what is wrong with your RNY, which tests do doctors order? I hear an endoscopy--where a tube is passed down your throat. Is there something else? I had an endoscopy and it basically said nothing relating to my bypass, but they were looking for ulcers at the time.
smileey
on 5/22/06 10:34 pm - FL
I am not sure you need the usual gamut of tests for an endoscopic repair/revision. If its a regular surgery and its been some time since the original one I would think you would most likely have to go through al the usual clearances. I had to. Hope this helps...Cindi
STACEYG
on 5/28/06 3:24 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Kathy, I went thru the same thing. The problem was the doctor that did the endoscopy had never done someone that had prior WLS. I had a RNY in 1985. Once I got in with a physician that knew more about the anatomy they were able to figure things out. My stoma had grown too huge. I subsequently had it lap banded and am doing great. Even with an Upper GI they say you should treat with a doctor that knows more about WLS or works with your doctor that did the original surgery. Good luck!! Stacey
Most Active