pre op question

AMYLU
on 5/22/06 1:14 am - Conroe, TX
Hi everyone. Counting down!!!!looking at three weeks until I have the RNY (revision from VBG) with Dr.Naaman. Just curious to what you where told by your surgeon of no nos the weeks prior to surgery. Like, what where you told you could or could not (or should not) do right before surgery, ie. medications, foods , etc. Any help would be useful. I am just trying to be in the best health for the surgery. Starting walking last week, quit smoking over two weeks ago. Anything else you can reccomend would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Amy
(deactivated member)
on 5/25/06 3:18 am - Plano, TX
Hi Amy! I too am counting down. My revision surgery is exactly 18 days away (2 1/2 weeks!), and I'm getting very nervous. There's so much I need to get done at work and such, I am starting to feel a little stressed. I don't want my blood pressure to be through the roof when I have my pre-op testing done on June 8th. Can anybody give us pointers on what we should or should not be doing at this point to help make sure our testing comes out okay?
FOGHORN
on 5/31/06 11:18 pm - sweet home, OR
my doctor was very cool. just try not to binge on your last supper. any weight loss helps get fat off the liver. walking helps with breathing and hence anesthesia during surgery. good luck to both of you dave
Most Active