Deprerssed! Gaining and hungry all the time! Help!!!!

ladyboo
on 5/14/06 3:09 pm - Chicago, IL
I need your help, guys and I always depend on my WLS family. I had Lap RNY September 2003 and I loss about 150 LB. I was 415 LB and I got down to about 265 LB. Then I started gaining. Last summer I was having a ball traveling and finally living my life. I was on a cruise and had some winter clothes and they were all so tight. When I got home I realized I was gaining and had gained 20 pounds. Now I am about 295 LB, I think. The scales are not my friend these days. I haven't seen my surgeon lately and I know I have a hernia. The last time I saw him he wanted to operate on me for the hernia and I was scared, so I didn't go back. I have been keeping up with my PCP and my labs are perfect! I can eat 8-10 ounces with no problem and I am really satisfied after that. I NEVER drink with my food and didn't drink soda for the first two years after surgery. I am religous about my whey protein shakes and I drink at least one every day giving me 30 grams of protein. So, now what? Can I have a revision? When I first started on this journey I was told I needed to have the duodenal switch, but was denied by that surgeon for no apparent reason. He denied me in April and I was in the operating room in September, of the same year, with a different surgeon and I had LAP RNY gastric bypass surgery. I feel great! I never throw up and I never dump. If I eat something sweet my stomach aches a little, but that's all. I do get really sleepy after I eat and usually fall asleep for 20-30 minutes if I don't get up and move around. Before surgery I was a bad asthmatic and had to use two liters of O2 at bedtime. After surgery I had another sleep study and was taken off the oxygen because I am saturated enough when I sleep now. For two years or more after surgery I didn't need any asthma medication whatsoever, but with the weight gain I feel winded a little so I use Advair now. I don't have any heartburn and I always did before surgery. What noe guys? What are my options? I feel cheated after going through all of this and I am still OBESE! Can I have a revision? Please help me. I am so desperate to lose weight that I bought nine weeks of Butri System meals. I can go back to where I used to be. I'll die if I do. Thanks, Desperate Sheila
Sarahlicious
on 5/14/06 3:46 pm - Portsmouth, OH
Check out my profile. I have open RNY 3 years ago, lost about 130lbs in a year then stopped. I have a hernia, can eat completely normally. Still 200lbs over ideal weight. Saw a new surgeon since I moved to a new state. Now I am looking to have a revision, hernia repair and TT all together this summer. I need the TT because I have a huge apron due to lipodema/lymphedema in my abdomen. I don't expect to have a flat stomach just need some relief for my legs. I was told to lose 60lb and have lost 30 so far before surgeon will do the surgeries. You need to see your surgeon so they can do tests to see what the problem is, large pouch, non-functioning stoma...there are different revision options.
ladyboo
on 5/14/06 4:28 pm - Chicago, IL
Thank you sooooo much! I see we have a lot in common. I have a huge apron and I have a hernia, too. I am glad you emailed me and I am asking my doctor for a referral to see another surgeon. My surgeon is cool, but I want to see a different one if I can. Dr. Prachand is the new surgeon and he does revisions and the duodenal switch which is what I was told I needed in the first place. I loss weight until about August 2005. That was about 23 months after surgery. Do you think I should go back to the surgeon that did the surgery? He does have an obligation to me. He started this stuff. lol He is a good guy and I love him to death. I just want to see Dr. Prachand because he does revisions and the DS. What do you think? Blessings, Sheila Bullock
ladynitewolf
on 5/16/06 7:57 am - BFE, CA
Honestly, I would go see Dr. Prachand. He does a great job, I am told.
wrigk
on 5/18/06 1:16 pm - Delano, CA
Definitely go see Dr. Prachand. From all I've read Dr. Alverdy taught Dr. Prachand, shares the same office and both are excellent, committed DS surgeons. There are several of Prachand's and Alverdy's patients on the duodenalswitch message board. You need to see a surgeon that supports your choice for WLS. Let us know what happens. Kathie W.
Most Active