Endoscopic tightening of Stoma and Pouch! It's EASY!

snazzytoes88
on 5/13/06 1:59 am - woburn, MA
Endoscopic Repair is being done by Dr. Christopher Thompson at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston-- the only doctor in the world who is doing it. I am having mine done on June 13! He goes down your throat (while you're under general anesthesia) and sews up your anastomosis to make it smaller, and also he can tighten up your pouch if that has stretched (like mine). My insurance is paying for it. You can google his name or call his office at 617-732-7429. I first called him in December 2005, saw him in April, had an Upper GI, then an endoscopy last week just to see inside (you're tranquilized), and my endoscopic suturing procedure is in June. Feel free to email me with questions.. [email protected]. I have been in email contact with a few of his patients, and they are happy with the results - losing weight like the first time! This is a godsend for me... he has people flying in to Boston from all over the country for this nonsurgical DAY SURGERY! You don't even have to stay overnight!!
fradycat007
on 5/13/06 3:10 am - MEMPHIS, TN
Please help..Help....Help.. I called this office in November of last year and was told that I had to get approval from my insurance company to see if they covers this procedure. I called the insurance company and the receptionist told me that I will have to see a doctor first before they can APPROVE ME. What should I say to the brighman clinic to get my appointment please help thanks karen mason
donnabug57
on 5/15/06 10:13 pm - Port St. Lucie, FL
Karen, You can get the insurance codes from Doctor Thompson's office and call your insurance company to see if they cover the insurance codes. I called mine with the codes and they said yes it is covered if medically necessary. You then make the appt with the doctor and once you have the appt you call your insurance back to get pre approval, the number should be on the back of the your insurance card for pre approval. They will give you a number to give to the doctors office to show them that your insurnace will pay. I just had my first appointment yesterday, he is an awesome doctor. Donna B
fradycat007
on 5/16/06 6:40 am - MEMPHIS, TN
Thanks donna b also....Please tell me about your visit to the doctor...You can email me at [email protected]
pghcoon
on 5/14/06 3:16 am - bethel park, PA
Hi! More info please....cost,(I am self pay) what are the other patients saying? Lynda
ladyboo
on 5/14/06 3:13 pm - Chicago, IL
Tell me what the cost is please. I have Illinois Medicaid and they won't pay for this I'm sure. I can pay for this myself, though. Thanks, Sheila PS Please check out my post from today and tell me what you think. I'd appreciate it very, very much.
fradycat007
on 5/16/06 6:37 am - MEMPHIS, TN
Thanks veronica....I have an appointment for October 30th...I have the codes for my insurance company..I researched the codes and the only one I came up with was 0008t...Please inform me of what else I will need to have before I see Dr. Thompson..Thanks karen mason
smileey
on 5/22/06 1:11 am - FL
Please let us know how everything goes, I too have an appointment with him but not until Nov 6!! Cindi
teegeezfun
on 6/3/06 7:16 am - Lawrence, MA
hey, just had this procedure on wednesday. feel great today. the only side effect was sore throat. people need to know that he doesn't tighten stoma for everyone. only those who dont have other presenting problems. for me he had to repair a fistula first and he told me that he would do tightening at another time based on the amount of scar tissue that is present. it is a very easy surgery though, a breeze in fact. i feel like i have the restriction back in my stomach.
Most Active