Recent Posts

msutton8
on 9/9/04 9:49 am - Sioux Falls, SD
Topic: Siouxland Ren Wench is here
Hi all, My name is Melissa and I co-founded the Siouxland Renaissance Festival in Sioux Falls, SD - www.siouxlandrenfest.com - 2004 was our 3rd year, it is a 1 weekend tent faire and we've been doing really well I'm /really/ new here and can't wait to meet more people - please say hello!!
Lizzi S.
on 9/6/04 10:26 am - Hyattsville, MD
Topic: 9-6-04
Went to the MD Renn Faire today with the gang and had a blast. Lizzi
Lizzi S.
on 9/3/04 11:29 am - Hyattsville, MD
Jennifer W.
on 9/3/04 4:40 am - Landfall, MN
Topic: RE: Cool!!!!!!!!!
I am not in the SCA, and I technically don't do the ren faire circuit either. I have been to a few faires in the midwest, including Salisbury, ARA, Souixland and Bristol. My home faire is MNRF. Yes, I had my surgery open. I'm (thankfully) much better now. No more pain and no problems with much of anything. I'm down 59 lbs, but no clothing sizes yet. I guess that's what I get for refusing to buy pants over a size 26. They are getting looser tho
winnifred
on 9/3/04 4:32 am - Des Moines, IA
Topic: Any SCAers out there?
Hey folks... Just wondering if anyone was in the SCA as well as doing the Ren Faires. I'm really heavy into the SCA right now but I love the Renaissance Festivals. Worked for Tri Canis Nox (those nifty wooden mugs) at the KC faire two seasons in...oh.......96 and 97???? I think that's right. LOOOOONG time ago. Been up to the MN Faire the last two years. Both are great faires. Anyway...had my surgery July 19th. Taking in the laces on my leather bodice. (yippppeee) And unfortunately...I have to get rid of a couple cotehardies and ghwazi (belly dancing) cotes. Too complicated to take in. Visiting KC probably the last weekend. Kelly B.
winnifred
on 9/3/04 4:24 am - Des Moines, IA
Heyyyy...are you in the SCA by any chance? Or just do the Renn Fair Circuit? I had my surgery about a month after you...but I had it done Laparoscopic. So mine are all healed. Did you have open? Worked the KC faire for two seasons quite a while ago. Then moved to Iowa. Been to the faire up in Shakopee the last two years. Magnus and I were king and queen of a little faire down here in Des Moines in 2000 and 2001. Salisbury Faire. We had the opportunity to meet and work with the queen's guard from the MN faire. Can't remember their names, but great guys. We're the Baron and Baroness of the local SCA Barony in Des Moines right now. I can't tell you how much this surgery has changed my outlook on my hobbies. Instead of plodding through an event now wishing I could just go lay down...I'm actually more of my old self (of like 5 or 6 years ago). Bubbly and full of energy. I'm down 32.5 and 2 sizes. Time to take in the lacing on my leather bodice! Cheers! Kelly B. (Winnifred)
Susan L.
on 9/1/04 12:34 pm - Independence, MO
Topic: RE: N. Texas...Scarborough Faire!!!
You'll have to come to the KC Faire. I'll be working there. In fact, my whole family will be working there. I've always wanted to go to Scarby & have been invited to work at Bristol, but the kids were too young. Now that they're older, I might be able to start branching out a little more!
Susan L.
on 9/1/04 12:08 am - Independence, MO
Topic: RE: Wow, cool, our own Ren Faire message board!
Newbie here. Our faire starts this weekend & runs for 7 weekends. I have to buy a new bodice this yr, but it's because I've gained weight. Haven't had my wls yet. So I have to buy a new bodice to wear for 1 yr (no, I don't sew!) & then turn around & buy a new one again next year! Bummer! But I'm looking forward to downsizing my entire wardrobe, so it's okay!
George B.
on 8/31/04 4:36 am - Hollywood, FL
Looking forward to seeing that cute little leather corset!!!
Lizzi S.
on 8/29/04 12:07 pm - Hyattsville, MD
Topic: Maryland Renaissance Festival is here in Crownsville, MD
Hi everyone, The Maryland Renaissance Festival is here in Crownsville, MD. I am taking my parents on senior day 9-6-04. They go every year and love to sit in the pavillions and watch the people. Let me know if you are going to attend that day and we can catch up with one another. Lizzi
Most Active
Recent Topics
Wow! A RF forum!
AllieSutherland · 0 replies · 440 views
Wicked Winter Renaissance Faire
DrGaellon · 0 replies · 618 views
NYRF and SCA
DrGaellon · 0 replies · 398 views