Recent Posts

Katrina aka Mrs
Buddha

on 9/20/06 5:59 am - Florence, KY
Topic: Ohio Ren Faire anyone?
We're going in October, probably on the 14th. Anyone local going??? K.
nmarshall
on 6/11/06 10:02 am - Springer, OK
Topic: RE: N. Texas...Scarborough Faire!!!
I made it to Scarby on the 29 of April. It was my second year to attend. And yes, I remember Hawkwood! I lived about 13 miles from it and went as much as I could the first two years. I was saddened to see it close. ~Nikola
Edi P.
on 6/2/06 3:12 am - Zellwood, FL
Topic: RE: Minnesota Renaissance Festival -looking for new recruits
Hi Leia, Just wanted to give you a and let you know I'll keep my eye out for you when I go to the festival this fall. Edi
Leia from MN
on 5/23/06 4:12 am - Richmond, VA
Topic: Minnesota Renaissance Festival -looking for new recruits
I work at a game at the MN Ren Faire. We're always on the lookout for new recruits for the game I volunteer for. King of the Log. http://www.kingofthelog.com We're a 7 weekend run from August 19th to October 1st. If any of you are interested, drop me a line or use the links on our website.
Katrina aka Mrs
Buddha

on 5/11/06 7:35 am - Florence, KY
Topic: Ohio Renn Faire
I know it's still months away (Opens Labor Day weekend I think) but this will be the first year I won't have to be making a pattern bigger than it really comes. I make my costume every year and it's a blast but...most patterns only go to a 30/32 or 4x. Maybe even an off the shoulder number and some boots to go with it? Ahhh, we'll see. Anyone plan on going? Katrina [email protected]
Melliejj
on 4/26/06 1:15 am - Morrisville, NC
Topic: RE: ObesityHelp Magazine is waiting for you!
Hi Charlotte, I usually am at that faire, with a princess hat booth (Whimsey Castle). This year I didn't sign up not knowing if I would be able to since my surgery was in February. So far I've lost 43 pounds and it will be so good to get back into some of my pretty garb again!
Kristi H.
on 2/2/06 2:27 pm - wildomar, CA
Topic: RE: Hello
Well, as far as So. cal it is probubly Escondido. Small, but lots of good stuff and the best entertainment. Ojai, we have the after hours show, that gets real good. I run a guild out here and am also a musician, although most of my time is spent acting and running the guild. I love to jam after hours, but that has let up some since my muse, mentor, died 2 years ago. Charley MacGowen. In fact he is one of the reasons I did the surgery. Started loosing too many friends at young ages where obesity was the main cause. Do you like to travel for faires? If so, let me know, and we can work out something if you want to do a faire out this way. That includes the faire in Vegas.
miztex
on 2/2/06 9:12 am - Pharr, TX
Topic: RE: Hello
Hi, I haven't been here in a while. Busy with new faire. It was in Dec./Jan. It did NOT go well. Mistakes were made in advertising, planning, etc. Still, this is a TOUGH area. Never had a faire here before. Most folks don't know what it is. (Yes, there are still a few places....tee hee!) Anyway, gearing up for Scarborough Faire in April. What are the best faires in Cal? NOT the biggest, the best(you know, plenty of quality wares, food, jousts, and after-hours merriment.) I am a ren musician and LOVE to jam with other players. Did the Mendicino Lark in the Morning camp one year. Fun, but little Renaissance stuff...mostly world music. Any other suggestions? Lou Ann
Kristi H.
on 1/30/06 12:31 pm - wildomar, CA
Topic: Hello
Hello, I had my surgery Jan. 4, 06. I have been doing Ren faire in Ca. for 18 years. I see no one has posted in here in some time, thought I would give it a try. So, hello
cyber545
on 12/10/05 2:09 pm - kent, WA
Topic: RE: Any SCAers out there?
This is kind of interesting! I am current in the process of building a new suit of scale mail to handle my current size, and since I am going to have the surgery on 1/18/2006. I will be very interesting in seeing how much I have to trim in order to get my armor to fit again. It think it is going to be very to compete again!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Wow! A RF forum!
AllieSutherland · 0 replies · 440 views
Wicked Winter Renaissance Faire
DrGaellon · 0 replies · 618 views
NYRF and SCA
DrGaellon · 0 replies · 398 views