Recent Posts

sionnaingeal
on 5/15/09 3:48 am, edited 5/15/09 3:51 am - Coventry, RI
Topic: RE: WOA!H! Where'd this forum come from?
'Zzah for loud unmatching wench wear! I think I am starting on my way to a nice red and black pirate moteif.  Found this sinthetic-y red material with a velvety floral swirls/vines and some classic looking designs. That is currently being made into a long corsette. I'm thinking some purple, black and white skirts, maybe even one with ruffles, layered and drawn up in spots... and a simple off the shoulder white linnen top.

I wonder if I can make loud stripey socks.....

I am now a HOME OWNER!   Check out my House Blog!

Certified Obesity Help Support Group Leader

36 lbs from goal!

Kendra M
on 5/15/09 3:43 am - AZ
Oh, yeah! Let's talk about costumes! My favorite!

Although, right now I'm more concentrating on redecorating my encampment (I SCA rather than Fair most of the time).

I just picked up a gorgeous cotton & linen blend. Very cool looking it's got a red warp and black waft so that it looks like a micro plaid. I'm seeing it as the start of a new "wench" costume with maybe a totally clashing bodice of like, yellow with hand embroidered flowers or something not matchy-matchy.
 Kiki

www.missthystle.com

sionnaingeal
on 5/15/09 3:31 am - Coventry, RI

Not sure when your surgery is scheduled or if it is yet. Hope you get to enjoy some faire food before! If not, no worries. Giant turkey legs are the best faire food post-op!

What type of costuming do you like? Gowns? Gypsies? Pirates? I think costumes are my favorite part of Faire.... there's just something about a man in a kilt.

36 lbs from goal!

sionnaingeal
on 5/15/09 3:29 am - Coventry, RI
I have only JUST discovered the amazing wonder of a sewing machine. Thanks to a lovely christmas present I have a simple Kenmore 1600 series. I have already made 3 garb pieces and I LOVE it!!  Dreamy sigh... to think... garb I can custom make to fit me and all my abmornal curves!

36 lbs from goal!

AmandaDay
on 5/15/09 2:37 am - Colorado Springs, CO
Not a LARPer  but definately love the fairs and to dress for them. I have not had surgery yet so maybe next year I will look  like a fair maiden and not a washer woman...lol
Kendra M
on 5/15/09 2:10 am - AZ
There's a forum for EVERYTHING apparently!

I just cleaned out my garb closet and guess what? Nothing fits.

Good thing I have about 100yards of fabric saved up.

And that Estrella War & AZRen isn't until February!
 Kiki

www.missthystle.com

sionnaingeal
on 5/15/09 1:39 am - Coventry, RI
Topic: WOA!H! Where'd this forum come from?
Egads! I had no idea this forum existed, all that time I've wasted not reading it... it hurts!

Hello hello all, how are you? Getting amped up for a great summer and try to shed some pounds for King Richard's Faire this autumn.

Any LARPer's out there? Just finished a LARP last weekend and prepping up for it again on the 29th. Mythical Journeys, the bane of my wallet.

So glad I found this forum. Can't wait to peruse around past posts.

36 lbs from goal!

DrGaellon
on 2/6/07 7:58 am - Yonkers, NY
Topic: Wicked Winter Renaissance Faire
Anyone going to be at the Wicked Winter Renaissance Faire this Saturday in Edison, NJ? I'll be there - probably the very last time I'll ever wear my "fat" garb again! By the time NYRF opens this summer, I ought to be nearly 150lbs down. I'm going to have to go in 'danes!
DrGaellon
on 1/26/07 7:57 am - Yonkers, NY
Topic: NYRF and SCA
Greetings, my Lords and Ladies! I hight Reb Avraham haRofeh (Abraham the Physician). My home Faire is the New York Renaissance Festival in Tuxedo NY (2007 will be my 25th season visiting the Faire, and my 8th as an active Rennie), and I live in the SCAdian Barony of Carillion (East-Central New Jersey). I am a coo****asionally a brewer/vintner/apothecary, a book and voice herald, and a member of Clan Blue Feather. I am working on my pre-op evaluations now, and hope to have my surgery no later than March 7. I am looking forward to being able to buy fancy garb from Casta Diva, Moresca, Knightly Endeavours and Lady Dra - maybe not in '07, but surely in '08!
DrGaellon
on 1/26/07 7:53 am - Yonkers, NY
Topic: RE: Any SCAers out there?
The Society for Creative Anachronism is an organization dedicated to research and re-creation of the best parts of the Middle Ages. Most Renaissance Faires are not terribly historically accurate; the SCA strives to be as accurate as possible most of the time. More info at the SCA's website: http://www.sca.org
Most Active
Recent Topics
Wow! A RF forum!
AllieSutherland · 0 replies · 440 views
Wicked Winter Renaissance Faire
DrGaellon · 0 replies · 618 views
NYRF and SCA
DrGaellon · 0 replies · 398 views