Any SCAers out there?

winnifred
on 9/3/04 4:32 am - Des Moines, IA
Hey folks... Just wondering if anyone was in the SCA as well as doing the Ren Faires. I'm really heavy into the SCA right now but I love the Renaissance Festivals. Worked for Tri Canis Nox (those nifty wooden mugs) at the KC faire two seasons in...oh.......96 and 97???? I think that's right. LOOOOONG time ago. Been up to the MN Faire the last two years. Both are great faires. Anyway...had my surgery July 19th. Taking in the laces on my leather bodice. (yippppeee) And unfortunately...I have to get rid of a couple cotehardies and ghwazi (belly dancing) cotes. Too complicated to take in. Visiting KC probably the last weekend. Kelly B.
Lizzi S.
on 9/3/04 11:29 am - Hyattsville, MD
What is SCAers?
DrGaellon
on 1/26/07 7:53 am - Yonkers, NY
The Society for Creative Anachronism is an organization dedicated to research and re-creation of the best parts of the Middle Ages. Most Renaissance Faires are not terribly historically accurate; the SCA strives to be as accurate as possible most of the time. More info at the SCA's website: http://www.sca.org
laross
on 9/21/04 2:54 pm - Tivoli, TX
Lord Lowrens of Ross at your service, M'Lady! I reside down in the Kingdom of Ansteorra. And I too love the Ren Faires. I attend the Texas Ren Faire just north of Houston. I had my surgery September 13th, so still stuck with liquids and itchy stab wounds. Thankfully, all my stuff will still fit come the end of October when I attend the Ren Faire. Enjoy the faire and enjoy all the SHOPPING!!! ~Lowery
Shari M.
on 10/27/04 3:52 pm - Wildomar, CA
Lord Lowrens of Ross!! Glad to meet you M'Lord. Sorcha Spottiswood here, from the Kingdom of Caid! Glad to see there are other SCA'ers out there that are seeking or had wls. How are you doing since your surgery? I am pre-op, going through the mandatory 8 week classes and 10% weight loss. I have an online friend from Anosteorra as well, great guy!! Someday we are going to meet at Estrella in Arizona! Anyway, good luck with your progress, and maybe we can chat sometime!! Oh, and my mundane name is Shari, and aol sn is Sorcha4sca.
Shari M.
on 10/27/04 4:02 pm - Wildomar, CA
Hi Kelly, nice to meet you. I am Shari, Sorcha Spottiswood in the SCA, from the kingdom of Caid in California. I don't really play in the faires much, but I have friends involved in the faires here and also in the Adrian Empire. It is nice to know there are fellow SCA'ers out there! Congratulations on your surgery, you are doing great!
LTruesdale1980
on 11/3/04 3:10 am - Orange Grove, TX
I am a Scadian. . . though not as of late. I had my surgery on July 26th and so far had a little weight loss, nothing major in my opinion. . .yet! Lisa
reecee
on 11/17/04 1:52 pm - Centralia, IL
Greetings! I too am a SCAdian, from the Shire of Far Reaches, Midrealm. I had the surgery July 25, 2001 & have lost 162lbs so far. I have had two babies since the surgery & this will be the first year that I will be able to sew new garb for both myself & my little girls!!!! Sorry, had to stop typing to do a little happy dance. I have never attended a faire. I am donating my old garb to a barony to use as loaner garb. I just had a couple of basic tunics and an Italian overdress. I just can't part with my first dress, as I spent hours sewing on the beads and doing the embroidery. But, I have went down 7 dress sizes though, so I won't be able to ever wear it again. woohooooo!
pixierella
on 1/31/05 10:34 pm - Peekskill, NY
Serrena Romano from the East Kingdom Canton of Northpass. Have not had surgery yet but waiting to be approved. Looking forward to Pennsic hoping to be a few pounds lighter to make the walking around all day a bit easier.
Cherie' L.
on 2/9/05 11:00 pm - Louisville, KY
Hi, I'm Cherie'. I am a scadian living in the Barony of the Flame in the Middle Kingdom. Umm thats Louisville Kentucky. My persona name is Brighid Ni Siun. I also belong to Ringtribe ,and Iron Age recreationist group. I had Lap Band on March 17 2004.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Wow! A RF forum!
AllieSutherland · 0 replies · 440 views
Wicked Winter Renaissance Faire
DrGaellon · 0 replies · 618 views
NYRF and SCA
DrGaellon · 0 replies · 398 views