N. Texas...Scarborough Faire!!!

wendy B.
on 4/1/04 10:48 pm - seagoville, TX
Opens next weekend. I am so excited...I can hardly wait!! Of course, I will miss the fried ice cream (can ya see me having my first dumping episode in the outside privy next to the smelly elephant rides???). I haven't been in a couple of years.
AlannaFirehart
on 4/12/04 2:51 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 11/26/03 with
so how was Scarby and did you behave and not eat the icecream (there for not hit the elephant privy) hehe NCRF is over and next is VARF...busy summer
wendy B.
on 5/6/04 6:36 am - seagoville, TX
actually, the Faire was wonderful but I did have to hit the privy because...I had a bite of turkey leg that made me throw up. Unfortunately, I was unable to eat a single thing out there...and when I threw up the line was really long to the bathrooms and I ended up hurling over the fence of the elephant pen. Not attractive, huh?
AlannaFirehart
on 5/10/04 1:07 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 11/26/03 with
oh hun, so sorry you got ill one day at NCRF I ate like 2 bites of sausage, omg the next 2 hrs I was hurling it was awful! Now...I take food! sheesh Anyway Va has started for Me now and everyone is so excited to see me and I have to remind them who I am its wonderful. I loved Scarby and hope to attend again in 2005.
cinchouli
on 5/3/04 12:52 pm - Belton, MO
I have only been to the scarborough once. And feel it is in my top 5 faires. Such a beautiful location. But haven't been back since I had to transfer to Chicago with my job. But that was 3 yrs ago and it looks to be another transfer by the end of the month to somewhere in Kansas. So now I will have the chance to attend again in 2005. Other wise the Bristol faire is great too, as the KansasCity one as well. Bristol starts in July and KansasCity starts labor day.
Susan L.
on 9/1/04 12:34 pm - Independence, MO
You'll have to come to the KC Faire. I'll be working there. In fact, my whole family will be working there. I've always wanted to go to Scarby & have been invited to work at Bristol, but the kids were too young. Now that they're older, I might be able to start branching out a little more!
Katie D.
on 2/10/05 12:55 pm - Tonawanda, NY
Wendy, I went to the Scarborough faire when I was a young gal. It was a great experience. I'm hooked on them. Some of the things I remember were the wooden circular swings, and fairies sprinkling magic dust (glitter) on me. Have fun and enjoy yourself!
denlath
on 4/28/05 11:04 am - Norman, OK
Well I am heading to Scarborough on the 14th, Just finished with the Norman Medieval Faire in Norman, Oklahoma and off to the Oklahoma Ren Festival in Muskogee, OK next weekend. When Ren season hits it hits hard. The fair in Texas I really miss is Hawkwood, and old Hawkwood fans out their? Dennis
nmarshall
on 6/11/06 10:02 am - Springer, OK
I made it to Scarby on the 29 of April. It was my second year to attend. And yes, I remember Hawkwood! I lived about 13 miles from it and went as much as I could the first two years. I was saddened to see it close. ~Nikola
Most Active
Recent Topics
Wow! A RF forum!
AllieSutherland · 0 replies · 440 views
Wicked Winter Renaissance Faire
DrGaellon · 0 replies · 618 views
NYRF and SCA
DrGaellon · 0 replies · 398 views