WOA!H! Where'd this forum come from?

sionnaingeal
on 5/15/09 1:39 am - Coventry, RI
Egads! I had no idea this forum existed, all that time I've wasted not reading it... it hurts!

Hello hello all, how are you? Getting amped up for a great summer and try to shed some pounds for King Richard's Faire this autumn.

Any LARPer's out there? Just finished a LARP last weekend and prepping up for it again on the 29th. Mythical Journeys, the bane of my wallet.

So glad I found this forum. Can't wait to peruse around past posts.

I am now a HOME OWNER!   Check out my House Blog!

Certified Obesity Help Support Group Leader

36 lbs from goal!

Kendra M
on 5/15/09 2:10 am - AZ
There's a forum for EVERYTHING apparently!

I just cleaned out my garb closet and guess what? Nothing fits.

Good thing I have about 100yards of fabric saved up.

And that Estrella War & AZRen isn't until February!
 Kiki

www.missthystle.com

sionnaingeal
on 5/15/09 3:29 am - Coventry, RI
I have only JUST discovered the amazing wonder of a sewing machine. Thanks to a lovely christmas present I have a simple Kenmore 1600 series. I have already made 3 garb pieces and I LOVE it!!  Dreamy sigh... to think... garb I can custom make to fit me and all my abmornal curves!

36 lbs from goal!

AmandaDay
on 5/15/09 2:37 am - Colorado Springs, CO
Not a LARPer  but definately love the fairs and to dress for them. I have not had surgery yet so maybe next year I will look  like a fair maiden and not a washer woman...lol
sionnaingeal
on 5/15/09 3:31 am - Coventry, RI

Not sure when your surgery is scheduled or if it is yet. Hope you get to enjoy some faire food before! If not, no worries. Giant turkey legs are the best faire food post-op!

What type of costuming do you like? Gowns? Gypsies? Pirates? I think costumes are my favorite part of Faire.... there's just something about a man in a kilt.

36 lbs from goal!

Kendra M
on 5/15/09 3:43 am - AZ
Oh, yeah! Let's talk about costumes! My favorite!

Although, right now I'm more concentrating on redecorating my encampment (I SCA rather than Fair most of the time).

I just picked up a gorgeous cotton & linen blend. Very cool looking it's got a red warp and black waft so that it looks like a micro plaid. I'm seeing it as the start of a new "wench" costume with maybe a totally clashing bodice of like, yellow with hand embroidered flowers or something not matchy-matchy.
 Kiki

www.missthystle.com

sionnaingeal
on 5/15/09 3:48 am, edited 5/15/09 3:51 am - Coventry, RI
'Zzah for loud unmatching wench wear! I think I am starting on my way to a nice red and black pirate moteif.  Found this sinthetic-y red material with a velvety floral swirls/vines and some classic looking designs. That is currently being made into a long corsette. I'm thinking some purple, black and white skirts, maybe even one with ruffles, layered and drawn up in spots... and a simple off the shoulder white linnen top.

I wonder if I can make loud stripey socks.....

36 lbs from goal!

Kendra M
on 5/15/09 3:51 am - AZ
I got some awesome purple and black striped cotton tights last year from some on line place. I think they had knee high socks too. I found their store through EBay and I think I paid about $20 for three pairs.

I've had good luck finding socks that I like at Target.
 Kiki

www.missthystle.com

sionnaingeal
on 5/15/09 3:50 am - Coventry, RI
Check out my latest profile pics, I think there's something like 6 or 8 of my latest bodice.  I... love... sleeves. Sleeves are just my think, I am a sleeve addict. The longer and fuller and more rediculously large the better!

36 lbs from goal!

Kendra M
on 5/15/09 4:16 am - AZ
I love that color!
 Kiki

www.missthystle.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
Wow! A RF forum!
AllieSutherland · 0 replies · 440 views
Wicked Winter Renaissance Faire