Band Over Bypass Question

L. Noble
on 9/13/12 7:14 am - TX
I had a RNY in 2003 and I have gained 60 pounds in the past two years and I just had a UGI and it showed my pouch was still very small, he said my stoma could be stretched but that wasn't a reason for a revision. So I am considering a Band over bypass and was wondering how expensive it is. Also has anyone had this done and is it going good? Have you lost the regained weight?
Vivian Prouty
on 9/14/12 6:02 am - Fort Worth, TX
A few weeks ago at my surgeon's support group meeting I asked my surgeon's PA about this ( I don;t need it but I know lots who have asked me about it ).   He told me that it does NOT work.    SO that is what they think....on another thought....I think that is what Carnie Wilson ( Beach Boy's Brian Wilson's daughter ) had done and I saw her on the Talk weeks ago and she looked like she's lost weight.    You might want to go to the Revision board and ask questions there too.   This board isn't very active.   Good luck to you and if your pouch is still small.....You CAN do this on your own.   I know others with HUGE weight gains who lost it on their own....it was hard work...logging foods, measuring foods and exercising their butt off but they did it.   I am too fighting getting off a re-gain.   Good luck to you !!!

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Stephanie M.
on 9/20/12 7:41 am
 I would post this on the Lapband board, more active over there.

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

MARIA F.
on 9/26/12 2:00 pm - Athens, GA

Not a good option. Lap-Bands have a very short life, so even if it did work.........it would be just a temporary "fix".........that would eventually cause damage. :-(

FormerlyFluffy.com

Most Active