What to expect eating

bob03076
on 7/13/12 11:27 am
Hi
I just had my band put in on Monday.
I am lucky  I had no pain what so ever.  I went to work on Wednesday.
I havent had much troble on clear liquids  I have been able to drink with out issues.

Tuesday I start stage 2
How long are you on stage 2  vefore you eat regular food?

OK  I know everyone is different,,,
Will I be able to eat spicy food again?
I love mexican food.
and Bonless chicken HOT wings.
Just wondering will I be able to eat that again??
Stephanie M.
on 7/14/12 2:42 am
 What were the dietary instructions your doc/nutritionist gave you?  Follow them exactly...good luck!

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

MrsPotter3
on 7/14/12 3:53 am
 I know that this time is hard. And you should definitely consult with your nutritionist like Stephanie said. You should have been informed and or asked about your after surgery diet. It concerns me that you are too focused on eating things you did before your surgery. Its best to make a plan for a healthy diet. Not the foods you ate previously that made you gain weight in the first place. I am begging you to consult your nutritionist PLEASE  
I don't want you to think you can never have a treat. But this time should be focused on the healthy food plan you will need to stick to for the rest of your life. 
Didn't your dr. discuss any of this with you??

Kim H.
on 7/14/12 4:26 pm - Duluth, MN
I have to agree with MrsPotter3. Please see your nutritionist!!!! Also she is right about not focusing on the foods you ate before....this is a lifetime commitment. Treats once in a while are fine..but, please be focused on a healthy food plan.

~Kim~

Denise R.
on 7/14/12 9:59 pm - Manchester, NH
Congratulations on your new band and a wonderful tool. You may find that those foods you think you can't live without may have no appeal to you and foods which may not have appealed to you in the past may become your favorites. This happened to me. I thought I'd miss pasta and it doesn't appeal to me now and refried free beans is now a favorite. Take your time with food and don't push your band it's not worth the risks of complications. Best of luck.

Most Active