Too tight with no fill

jjenls
on 6/13/12 5:06 am
 Help!

I am having problems with my band. I went to the doc to tell him it was too tight, but he said to just put more fill in. Not the right solution!

What do you do if your band is too tight with no fill? Why is this happening? Can weight gain cause the band to tighten?

The problem is that sometimes it is so tight I can't even drink, and sometimes it is so loose that I have not trouble eating. Why????

I hope someone has an answer for me.

Thank you,
Jennifer
Karyn H.
on 6/13/12 6:45 am - PA
REALIZE Band on 06/27/12
I saw your post and did a little research.  Now, I have not had my band done yet so I cannot even imagine what you are going through but I thought I would try to help.

What I have been reading said that sometimes you get too tight if you are not hydrated enough.

Did your doc even scope you to check your band because the other thing I have seen was that those symptoms can be caused by band slippage!  I would definitely get another opinion.
jjenls
on 6/13/12 6:51 am
 He does fluoro and he said the band did not slip. Never heard anything about being tight from dehydration. Interesting.
MARIA F.
on 6/22/12 9:13 am - Athens, GA
On June 13, 2012 at 1:51 PM Pacific Time, jjenls wrote:
 He does fluoro and he said the band did not slip. Never heard anything about being tight from dehydration. Interesting.

Not all slips show on fluoro. Sometimes they can't be diagnosed till they actually get in there. :-(

FormerlyFluffy.com

MARIA F.
on 6/22/12 9:15 am - Athens, GA
On June 13, 2012 at 1:45 PM Pacific Time, Sapphy316 wrote:
I saw your post and did a little research.  Now, I have not had my band done yet so I cannot even imagine what you are going through but I thought I would try to help.

What I have been reading said that sometimes you get too tight if you are not hydrated enough.

Did your doc even scope you to check your band because the other thing I have seen was that those symptoms can be caused by band slippage!  I would definitely get another opinion.

I would STRONGLY suggest you reading this before you surgery! Even though it is for Allergan, Realize band does not perform any better. :-(

Subpoena states 50% removal/complication rate

FormerlyFluffy.com

Hislady
on 6/13/12 2:17 pm - Vancouver, WA
This is one of the most common issues with both the Realize and Allergan bands and really isn't fixable that I know of. Most folks end up having to revize to something else. I had that problem myself but emptying the band has fixed mine and I can finally eat healthy food for all mesls not just occasionally. Are you completely empty? Sometimes leaving it empty for awhile will help, but in the long run it usually comes back and continues to be a problem. Wish I could have more encouraging new for you, but I've been banded and a regular here for over 4 yrs. and this is a constant problem. Work with your doc, however not if he wants to keep filling you when you are already tight, and see if you can figure it out. Part of the problem is the longer you are banded the more scar tissue builds up under the band which causes tightness and that can't be fixed or stopped. Good luck I hope it settles down for you.
MARIA F.
on 6/22/12 9:17 am - Athens, GA

Unfortunately this is very common. Restriction can vary from day to day, moment to moment. And when excess scar tissue or slips form, it can stay tight. Even when empty. Have you researched revision yet?

FormerlyFluffy.com

Most Active