Eating too much?????

goldenlady5
on 6/12/12 6:12 am - Chicago, IL
Ok, what is going on with me.  I had the gastric bypass on May 21st, but I swear I'm eating more than I'm supposed to.  I thought that I would feel full before I actually am feeling full.  It seems that I can eat more than they say I'm supposed to.  Am I stretching my stomach?  Nothing hurts, when I feel full I do stop, I have lost 14 lbs as of this past Friday.  Or, should I just stop with all the drama?  I go to my first support group meeting tomorrow evening, I guess I can ask then, but I would like to know anyway.....did anyone else go thru this?
Hislady
on 6/12/12 1:26 pm - Vancouver, WA
This is a lap band forum but I do know that when they do the RNY surgery that nerves are cut so you don't always feel when you are full, at least for awhile anyway. That is why they tell you to measure your food and just eat that much because your tummy won't be able to tell you for awhile. You probably aren't stretching your stomach but I would imagine you could pop stitches if you over eat too much, it's just not a good idea any time but especially when you are so newly post op. Also stomach acid can make you feel hungry when you really aren't so take notice if that might be the case. For best results follow your surgeon's advice and carefully measure all your portions. Good luck to you!
goldenlady5
on 6/12/12 9:43 pm - Chicago, IL
Thank you for the reply, I orig. had the realize band until it had to be removed due to scar tissue build up.  I was so used to going to this forum, I forgot.  Thanks again and I will heed your advice on following instructions.
MARIA F.
on 6/24/12 6:55 am - Athens, GA
On June 13, 2012 at 4:43 AM Pacific Time, goldenlady5 wrote:
Thank you for the reply, I orig. had the realize band until it had to be removed due to scar tissue build up.  I was so used to going to this forum, I forgot.  Thanks again and I will heed your advice on following instructions.

Congrats on the revision! As we both know, the band doesn't work out for most bandsters. :-( OH has a failed band group and there are several other failed band groups online that you would like. LOTS of support from ppl that KNOW what you are going through!

Good luck!!!

FormerlyFluffy.com

Most Active