liquid diet to get back on track

Wolfhoundlady
on 5/15/12 12:33 pm - IN
Does anyone know about the liquid diet that is suggested to get back on track if one stops loosing weight? also what is the name?
Ashley A.
on 5/16/12 7:52 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 06/27/12
I don't believe there is really a name for it. Most people just consider it to be getting back to the basics, which is acting like you are just out of surgery and following the stages you did originally. ie, liquids for 1 weeks, soft foods, etc. The Plateau Buster diet is something people do also. Good Luck!

Realize Band-12.1.08 Revision to VSG-6.27.12

Wolfhoundlady
on 5/16/12 8:02 am - IN
Is the Plateau Buster diet the same thing. I think that may be what I read about in the OH magazine. when I went back to reread the article online, I could not find it. Is there a place I can find that info on that diet? thanks for your help! I have been stuck at loosing 80lbs for about 6mo, Need to go down atleast another 30. It looks like you are doing well!
Ashley A.
on 5/16/12 8:25 am, edited 5/16/12 8:25 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 06/27/12
The plateau buster diet is different than the liquid. If you search for Plateau Buster diet on OH a lot of posts will come up along with some sample menus .  I have done this a couple of times and it really did help, it's pretty much like doing the induction phase of Atkins. I have been yo-yoing the same pounds for over a year now so I know how you feel.
I have posted the Plateau Buster Diet below. Good Luck!

1. Do this for 10 days to break a plateau.
2. Drink 2 litres of water a day.
3. You must have 45 grams of protein supplement and all your vitamins/minerals supplements each day (some suggest at least 60 and up to 80 gr).
4. You may consume up to 3 oz of the following high protein foods, 5x a day.

Beef
Pork
Chicken
Turkey
Lamb
Fish
Eggs
Low-fat Cheese
Cottage Cheese
Plain Yogurt or Artificially Sweetened
Peanut Butter
Beans / Legumes
You may also have:
Sugar-Free Popsicles
Tea or Coffee (decaf only)
Sugar Free Jello
Broths / Boullion
Crystal Light Drinks

5. If it's not on the list, you can't have it for 10 days!!!!
6. Keep a food diary and try to get up to 30 mins of exercise daily.

Realize Band-12.1.08 Revision to VSG-6.27.12

Kim H.
on 5/20/12 12:53 pm - Duluth, MN
My dietician does not follow the Plateau Busters diet, but she was ok with me doing the pre surgical liquid diet for 10 days (the amount of protein should kick weight loss in again). I have 10 pounds left. What I have been told is 30 min of intentional exercise 5 days a week..but mostly stick to your calorie/protein goals. Hope this helps. Good luck!

~Kim~

Wolfhoundlady
on 5/20/12 4:52 pm - IN
You are soo close! That is great!

Thank you for the informantion!

Wolfhoundlady
on 5/16/12 11:39 am - IN
thank you for helping, Ashley. I really appreciate it!
Sheri
Most Active