Gas--Help

madykes
on 5/11/12 2:00 am
Ok. I got Banded in September and have had a few fills since my surgery. The most recent fill was 2 weeks ago after an upper GI to check the band flow. This is the first fill since my surgery that I am actually being limited to the amount of food i can eat. I have had a couple of PB's also which has not happened before.

I realize that i need to learn how to monitor my portions and am getting better.  My question is that every time i eat i end up burping a lot right after. I am just wondering if it is because my band is too full, if i am eating too fast, if i am eating too much....I can't figure it out.

If anyone has experienced this please help me out and provide some insight. As i said this is the first time i have encountered this amount of restriction. 

Thanks

Ashley A.
on 5/11/12 7:10 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 06/27/12
It sounds like you may be eating a bit too much. If you are burping a lot everytime you eat, I would recommend getting a slight unfill. Good Luck!

Realize Band-12.1.08 Revision to VSG-6.27.12

Vivian Prouty
on 5/11/12 10:26 am - Fort Worth, TX
 Hi There,
I am not a band patient but I can give you my experience with burping.    Usually that means that you are full.   I know I have a niece who is banded and she said that is how it works with her too.   Good luck on your journey.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Hislady
on 5/11/12 1:39 pm - Vancouver, WA
When I was early out I realized I had a warped idea of bite size I should eat. When people say a bite the size of a pencil eraser that is exactly how small it needs to be. You may also be swallowing alot of air as you chew and if that is the case you can try gas x strips to help get rid of it, it helped me alot. It just takes some time to figure out how to eat once you get restriction. Good luck just take it slow and easy!
Kim H.
on 5/12/12 9:42 am - Duluth, MN
To me, with my experience, it could be any or all of the things you asked if it could be. Portion size is so very important. It HURTS if you eat too much, BADLY..at least in my experience. Most of the time when I have burping, it has been because I have eaten too fast. Slow and easy is good advice. Don't count on fills and unfills as much as chnging the "way" you consume your food...as small as those amounts may be. Hope this helps.

~Kim~

Most Active