Why Banding?

mikedaddy
on 3/24/12 11:35 am - FL
 Hi Everyone!  I am considering wls and I was wondering why you chose Banding over other surgeries?  Why did you make this choice and are you happy with your choice or do you wish you had done something else in hindsight?

Thanks,

mike
Hislady
on 3/25/12 2:33 pm - Vancouver, WA
Just say NO!!!!! to the band it isn't an effective tool.
starstruck
on 3/31/12 11:47 am - MN
Hello Mike,
One reason why I chose banding over other types of surgeries was that it was a non- invasive procedure and the recovery period is quite rapid. Banding clearly is not for everyone, there is a lot of work involved as you have to maintain active and choose the right foods to obtain results. Personally, that is exactly what I was looking for, a tool to keep me on track. I think that I would not be happy with other types of surgeries that have major secondary effects.

Good luck
(deactivated member)
on 4/1/12 9:10 am - Mexico
On March 31, 2012 at 6:47 PM Pacific Time, starstruck wrote:
Hello Mike,
One reason why I chose banding over other types of surgeries was that it was a non- invasive procedure and the recovery period is quite rapid. Banding clearly is not for everyone, there is a lot of work involved as you have to maintain active and choose the right foods to obtain results. Personally, that is exactly what I was looking for, a tool to keep me on track. I think that I would not be happy with other types of surgeries that have major secondary effects.

Good luck

What's the value in least invasive when it has the most complications?  Sleeves are far safer long term than banding is.  And it requires just as much work as bands when it comes to food choices, etc.

What in the world makes you think bands don't have major secondary effects?  They have more than sleeves do!

(deactivated member)
on 4/1/12 9:08 am - Mexico
On March 24, 2012 at 6:35 PM Pacific Time, mikedaddy wrote:
 Hi Everyone!  I am considering wls and I was wondering why you chose Banding over other surgeries?  Why did you make this choice and are you happy with your choice or do you wish you had done something else in hindsight?

Thanks,

mike

I was banded and after 18 months I couldn't take it anymore and revised to a sleeve.  I got to goal with the band but not because of it, but instead in spite of it.

The band has the slowest weight loss, the least weight loss, the highest regain, and the most complications of all 4 major surgery types.  Think long and hard about this, according to Allergan 88% will have complications with the band.

If you want to get a band may I please ask you just to read here for an hour or so?

www.facebook.com/groups/199537600106847/

MARIA F.
on 4/11/12 7:54 am - Athens, GA

I got the band b/c I fell for the "least invasive" B.S. Little did I know that that couldn't be further from the truth when you factor in all the post-op band complications and all the bands that have to be removed. I wouldn't wish the band on my worst enemy!

FormerlyFluffy.com

Most Active