Pardon my intrusion

justmekayce
on 2/18/12 7:43 am - Sonora, CA
I am post op 12 days. My band was place over a 5 year R-N-Y gastrict bypass. The reason for this was because had severa dumping syndrome; early and late that was not controlable by diet. (never left the soft food stage and can not comsume more than 3-4 oz) The thought was that the nerve that controls the digestive system was damaged during the R-N-Y and caused all kinds of problems.. Things are looking up tho! =) So my main question is I am able to locaate the port. it is smaller than a dime and does not parteude, how ever..Right under my bra line in the middle of my abdomen is a 2 inch by 2 inch square thing.. it feels to be about 3/4 of an inch thick..I have no idea what this is? Any ideas? Im not even sure i am in the right forum..I habe been bumped around so many =(
justmekayce
on 2/18/12 7:45 am - Sonora, CA
opps sorry i ment 32 days post opt!
Kim H.
on 2/18/12 11:39 am - Duluth, MN
sounds like it could be the port....but if you are concerned I think you should talk to your doctor

~Kim~

Ashley A.
on 2/18/12 10:22 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 06/27/12
I'm sorry you've been bumped around, I'm not sure if you posted this in the lapband forum or not, but this board doesn't get a lot of action.  The way you are describing how it feels, it sounds like the port to me. My port feels similar to that, feels like a thick sqaure in a way, but it is actually round. If you look at a picture of a port on the band, you can see that it is thick, so I beleive this may be what you are feeling. Hope this information helps.

Realize Band-12.1.08 Revision to VSG-6.27.12

thomheat
on 2/24/12 7:30 pm - TN
Where do realize banders normally post? I would like better information for post op questions and problems. I am one day post op and the belching is killing me! Does that mean I am doing something wrong? I awoke this morning belching. When will it end? 
  Heather, Realize Band, 2/24/12
 297/268
 HW/CW
Currently 4cc

Ashley A.
on 2/25/12 1:10 am, edited 2/25/12 1:10 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 06/27/12

Most people post on the Lap Band Forum, I'm more active on that board than this one. You aren't doing anything wrong, you just have gas built up from the surgery which typically happens. It should only last a few days. I didn't have to deal with belching after surgery but I know a lot of people recommend Gas X. I would definitely try to get some of that. Congrats on your surgery! Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Realize Band-12.1.08 Revision to VSG-6.27.12

(deactivated member)
on 4/1/12 9:27 am - Mexico
On February 18, 2012 at 3:43 PM Pacific Time, justmekayce wrote:
I am post op 12 days. My band was place over a 5 year R-N-Y gastrict bypass. The reason for this was because had severa dumping syndrome; early and late that was not controlable by diet. (never left the soft food stage and can not comsume more than 3-4 oz) The thought was that the nerve that controls the digestive system was damaged during the R-N-Y and caused all kinds of problems.. Things are looking up tho! =) So my main question is I am able to locaate the port. it is smaller than a dime and does not parteude, how ever..Right under my bra line in the middle of my abdomen is a 2 inch by 2 inch square thing.. it feels to be about 3/4 of an inch thick..I have no idea what this is? Any ideas? Im not even sure i am in the right forum..I habe been bumped around so many =(

Sounds like scar tissue that is very common and not a concern, assuming that is what it is.  There will be two lumps, one is the port and the other is the scar tissue.  The scar tissue will go away with time, usually 2-3 months.

Most Active