I feel like such a FAILURE!!!

theflowerlady
on 2/2/12 1:13 pm
Hey Y'all~

I had LapBand in Oct. 2009 and lost 58 lbs. 

Then, due to cir****tances, our daughter and grandson moved back in w/us.

Daughter causes major drama in the house and I am a stress eater, so, my journey went down another path and I gained back most of the weight I had lost.

I was 318 lbs. when I first went to see the dr., 305 lbs. pre-surgery (just by giving up sodas) and had gotten down to 268 lbs. and hoped to have made goal within a year...well, I am now back to 289 lbs. and am on bp medications, hydrocodone and two anti-inflammatories, cymbalta and just started a med for neuropathy, I have also been diagnosed with fibromyalgia along w/depression, etc.

My knees, back and hips are killing me and I'm not sure how good all the meds are for me, either!

Please!  Tell me what to do the "jumpstart" me and get me back on the "wagon"!!!

I want to be a success at at least one thing in my life...

By the way, I now have an occasional fountain drink, but mostly drink water...lots & lots of water.

Hislady
on 2/2/12 1:49 pm - Vancouver, WA
Well my best suggestion is go back to the beginning and start logging your foods and drinks, drinks lots of water. Learn other ways to handle stress, I know easier said than done, but if necessary maybe even get some counseling to learn how to cope with stress since that seems to be a weak point. Also come on over to the regular band forum if you want, it is busier than here and we are always happy to help. Remember take tiny bites, chew and chew  and let one bite settle before taking another one. Most important do not drink while eating or for at least 1/2 hour after eating. Good luck to you, you did well before so you can get back on track and continue to lose!
Kim H.
on 2/3/12 6:45 pm - Duluth, MN
I agree...go back to the beginning..including the liquid diet for a week or so. I know you can do it..you did it once...you are a fighter I can tell...good luck, and we are always here for you!

~Kim~

MARIA F.
on 2/4/12 2:14 pm - Athens, GA

You know I have been seeing more and more people posting about getting fibromyalgia after getting the band. Kind of scary! :-(

FormerlyFluffy.com

Most Active