Back to losing again after pregnancy...

mnm8077
on 2/2/12 4:13 am - IN
I had my surgery in 2008, I had the realize band put in.  I lost 120 pounds, went from a size 22 to a size 7...finally felt great about myself.  I could buy clothes in regular stores...then in Dec. 2009 i got pregnant with my daughter.  My dr. took some of the liquid out of my band.. I got up to 205 with her, had her 8-9-10...couldn't lose the weight after her, my insurance stopped so i couldn't get a fill, finally this past dec. I got insurance, had to have my gallbladder removed, after that i got another fill, I am now at 5cc in a 10cc band.  I have lost 5 pounds, the first time around with the weightloss seemed so much easier than it is now....anyone else lost again after having a baby with the band?

Also, when I do reach my weightloss goal I wonder if i could get my extra skin removed...i have HIP/blue cross
Realize Band 10cc--3cc fill Sep. 15--1cc fill Oct. 13    
Hislady
on 2/2/12 1:55 pm - Vancouver, WA
There is a pregnancy forum here somewhere you might post there too or on the regular band forum since it has more activity than here. As far as skin removal the usual policy is insurance will cover a panni removal which is just the excess stomach skin but not tightening or other body parts since that is usually considered cosmetic. You would have to check with your own ins. co. a very few do cover more cosmetic type surgeries. Good luck to you!
Most Active