WEDNESDAY GRATEFUL POST

Vivian Prouty
on 1/24/12 11:32 pm - Fort Worth, TX
  Good Morning Everyone,

I am not in a grateful mood this AM.   I am having mega stress in my life at the moment and am very upset about it.   PLEASE keep me and my family in your prayers.    We are going through trials right now with my 26 yr. old son in Teen Challenge.    When I went for their service last night he wanted to leave the program.    He is 6 months into a 12 montn program.    They are wanting to send him to a facility over 300 miles away from my home.    I am totally heartbroken about this.   My son's are my life.    I do understand and I did talk him into staying and hope ( although I don't want it to happen ) that he will go to the other facility and get back on program and get his focus on getting  better and not on being with his GF.    I guess today I am Grateful for Teen Challenge even though I don't agree with all they do sometimes.   I know that they have my son's and all the other men best interest.   I know that if my son left the program now it would probably be only a matter of time that he would go back to using drugs.   Please keep my son and my family in your prayers.    Thank you so much.    PLEASE share if you want what you are grateful for today.    God bless you all.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Kim H.
on 1/25/12 2:49 pm - Duluth, MN
Vivian,
I am so sorry to hear that your son is going through extra difficulties right now. From what I know of Teen Challenge it is a wonderful program. But, if he needs to go to another type of facility, that would be hard to take. I know you love your son(s) and want the best for him (them). I will CONTINUE to pray that the right decisions are made to give your son the help he needs to get well. I have a 28 yr old son who is also MY WORLD, and I would feel as you do, were this happening in my life. May God give you and your family comfort, courage and peace in this situation. Know I am here for you, Viv! I love you!
I am grateful for YOU. You are a great person and a great MOM! ALL moms should be as caring as you! God bless you, my friend. You are in my prayers!!!

~Kim~

Vivian Prouty
on 1/25/12 9:56 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 Kim.....You can't imagine how your words have touched my heart.    Thank you.   PLEASE keep my son Shawn in your thoughts and prayers.     He was going to be transferred to Teen Challenge in San Antonio this AM and he chose to leave the program.    He does have a plan ( which is something he has NEVER had ).     Teen Challenge is a WONDERFUL program but this particular one....not sure about.    That being said they have done wonders for him.....the additude of some of the men in authority really hits me the "wrong" way.    They basicly told me that I had NO say in any decision that they made for MY son.    I am sorry but I AM his Mom and I love him SO much and to them he is just a body.     UGH   He is going to meet with our pastor once a week and go to 2 Christian meetings at 2 different churchs for addiction.   One is Celebrate Recovery the other I forget the name of it but it is a program he heard about through a group that came and visited Teen Challenge.    All of this due to a GF that he met who is the cousin of a guy in TC.    She is the first Christian girl that he has ever dated. and seems to be a wonderful person.    Her father is going to go talk to the director of TC tomorrow and see if he can persuade them to let him come back and stay there.   He was 45 minutes from my home and SA is about 5 hours away.    I am VERY active with all the guys at the center in fact they said their feelings were hurt when I didn't come see them while my son was out with mono for 2 weeks.     I truly have my doubts that they will allow Shawn back to stay there.      It really hurts but my son is a man and THEY told me he should make his OWN decisions.    Please agree with me that he will continue to walk with God and trust in him and remain drug free.    Love you and hope your doing well.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Kim H.
on 1/26/12 2:50 am - Duluth, MN
You and yours remain in my prayers!

~Kim~

Most Active