MONDAY GRATEFUL POST

Vivian Prouty
on 1/22/12 9:14 pm - Fort Worth, TX
  Good Morning Everyone,

Hope everyone had a great weekend.   Today I am grateful for solutions for our addictions.   Yes....I DID say addictions.    Did you know that we are FOOD ADDICTS !!   Yep...that is right.    I am SO grateful for my WLS and all the choices of WLS today but WE still have to take the bull by the horn so to speak with our addiction to food.     With say drug addiction for instance a drug addict can live without facing those "demons" daily....but daily we have to face our addiction of choice ( FOOD ).   I know all this first hand.   i have a 26 yr. old son who is in Teen Challenge ( Christian substance abuse program for teens and adults up to 65 yrs old. ).   He was a IV heron user and we had no idea it was that bad.    He has been home for over 2 weeks with mono and going back to TC today so PLEASE if you believe in prayers....pray for him.     He has said it will be hard going back ( he's been there 6 months and it is a year long program ).    I have been stress eating since he has been home so I have to face my addiction and retake control of it later when he is back.    I am SO grateful that there are solutions and answers for OUR addictions and that we can retake control of our lives.    SO Grateful for God because without him....I know I personally wouldn't have the strength to handle the things that life throws my way at times.    PLEASE share with us if you will what you are grateful for today.   Have a blessed day !!!

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Most Active