Weight Loss

dinabrght
on 1/15/12 7:16 am - NC
I had my surgery Jan. 5th and as of today I have lost 10lbs., however I feel that I should have lost more by now.  Is this an average amount of weight loss or should I be concerned?
Ashley A.
on 1/15/12 7:47 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 06/27/12
Hi, Congrats on the surgery!! 10 lbs in 10 days seems pretty good to me.. There isn't an average weight loss. Everyone loses differently and at a different rate. I would try not to stress over the number on the scale this soon. I have seen post on the boards with people that have gained weight the first week after surgery, mostly due to all the fluid intake, so I wouldn't be concerned since you had a loss. It sounds like you are doing great so far. Hang in there! Good Luck!

Realize Band-12.1.08 Revision to VSG-6.27.12

Denise R.
on 1/15/12 8:05 am - Manchester, NH
I lost 5 pounds the first 10 days after surgery and I remember being very disappointed. I had been so hungry I was sure I'd lost alot more than that and my dietition showed my how big a deficiet I had to lose that much weight and it help me see how far I had come. And remember is slow and steady wins the race. Good luck.

purple39lady
on 1/20/12 10:55 am
Sounds like you are doing great.  I would not be concerned, but if you are, talk to your doc.  Keep up the good work. 

Most Active