Feeling extremely hungry and I don't know what to do

starstruck
on 1/10/12 11:03 am - MN
 Hello, 
I had surgery on 12/27 I was feeling great for the first time in my life that I was not hungry. As the days passed and the swelling went down I was unable to feel full in just clear liquids and then was switch to full liquids but that did not fill me up but for just a mere hour and half. So it came down to purreed foods but now I find that I am constanlty hungry every 2 hours or so. I am able to drink 50oz of water and I continue to only consume 1/2 a cup of food. 3 times a day Please help what should I do?  
Ashley A.
on 1/10/12 12:04 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 06/27/12
Hi Starstruck,

Congrats on the surgery! Sounds like you are doing well so far. I know how you feel, I was starving all the time by day 10 post op.  I started eating soft foods at that time, eggs, yogurt, etc. You won't have much restriction so you are going to get hungry, if you are hungry after 2 hours, I would recommend a light snack. After surgery, I mainly ate 6 mini meals-each around 1/2 cup each so I ended up eating every 2-3 hours. I hope this information helps. Good Luck!

Realize Band-12.1.08 Revision to VSG-6.27.12

starstruck
on 1/10/12 12:18 pm - MN
 Hello Ashley, 

Thank you so much for your tip I will try it. 
Tom C.
on 1/11/12 5:16 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
My first advice CALL YOUR DOCTOR!!! That's why they are there. Secondly, are you following all the 'rules' concerning your phase? Are you getting in all your protein, which is important to weight loss and keeping you full? Are you drinking with your meals (which is a no-no for many)? What type of foods are you consuming? Remember each Doctor and/or Nutritionists have their own beliefs, so contact them. I could give you some examples, but it may be different what they told told.

Good luck, and know I am here if you need help.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
starstruck
on 1/11/12 8:57 am - MN
 Hello Tom, 

Thank you so much for your advise. I think I was having a mental moment  yesterday. It had to be because I ate the exact same thing as yesterday 2.3 oz of yogurt for bk, 3 oz of chicken for lunch and 3 oz of chicken for dinner (baby food consistancy) and I am fine today. plus my water... 
Once again thank s for reading and your advice..
Hislady
on 1/11/12 1:17 pm - Vancouver, WA
Just knowing you are normal feeling hungry is gonna help with the anxiety about being hungry. It is normal and you will probably stay that way until you've had a few fills. It takes awhile to get restriction. Hang in there!
Most Active