Just had Realize band on 1/6/12

medic36
on 1/8/12 7:48 am
 Hello All,

I just had my surgery couple of days a go and feel real good. Actually no pain. I am taking some Ibuprof but that is all. No craving yet, have been doing the liquid diet. I ate some jello and puddin today (sugar free) and feel good.

Any suggestions for the first couple of weeks post bandning?

THanks, 
Hislady
on 1/8/12 9:35 am - Vancouver, WA
First suggestion is come over to the regular band board as this one is pretty slow. Second once the swelling from surgery goes down you will start getting hungry again and will probably stay hungry until you get a few fills so don't let this surprise or bother you, it's normal, we call it bandster hell and some feel it more than others. Otherwise just be patient and take it slow.
Ashley A.
on 1/8/12 11:48 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 06/27/12
Sounds like you are doing great so far. I only did liquids for a few days, wasn't really hungry much due to the pain medicine. I gradrually moved on to soft foods, pudding, jello, which sounds like you are already there with no issues. I was starving by day 10 so I started eating eggs, yogurt, etc and was fine. Just eat when you are hungry and stop once you feel full. You probably won't have much restriction starting out, I didn't at least but everyone is different. And remember to walk as much as you can! I hope this information helps some. Good Luck and Congrats on being banded!

Realize Band-12.1.08 Revision to VSG-6.27.12

Tom C.
on 1/11/12 5:07 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
WELCOME TO THE LOSERS BENCH IN OUR WINNER'S CIRCLE!!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active