Anyone had to HAVE their band removed? I did....

Trisha H.
on 12/28/11 4:37 pm - Southern, OR
Had to have my lapband removed after throwing up everyday for hours at a time. I had had it for 18 months. My friend started calling it the bulimic band. Come to find out my port & band were imbedded in scar tissue. Had surgery yesterday & coming out hurt so much more worse then going in. So scared the weight is going to fly back on but I'm going to do my damndist to keep the 51 pounds off. Well please pray for me to find motivation, willpower & support.
Vivian Prouty
on 12/28/11 10:04 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 Sorry this happened to you.   I have heard of this happening quite alot.   Have you thought about getting a revision to another WLS?    I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers as you heal from this band removal.    

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Hislady
on 12/29/11 7:53 am - Vancouver, WA
Oh hon you are so not alone in this! More and more are losing the band for this and other reasons. I would suggest you check out the revision forum and the VSG forum. Many have revised to the vertical sleeve. it works like the band is supposed to. It is a more serious surgery but has been very successful for many people who have lost their bands.
percycat11
on 12/30/11 1:31 am - Madison, WI
Sounds like you've been through an incredible ordeal!  Hang in there and you will keep off those 51 pounds.  Hope the pain subsides.  My best, Elizabeth
Tom C.
on 12/31/11 4:39 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Trisha,

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I hope you will speak to your Doctor concerning the "next steps". Don't rush into anything without fully understanding all options.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Kim H.
on 1/3/12 9:37 pm - Duluth, MN
Tom, that is great advice.
Trisha, my prayers are with you. Good luck!

~Kim~

Nic M
on 1/6/12 11:51 am
Yes, I had to have mine removed. It was "have it removed or prepare for death." 
So, I chose band removal. The pain the band caused was excruciating. I felt much better after removal.

I hope you can find the motivation to keep going in the right direction. It can be done with the right support system and determination. Keep thinking positively! 
Good luck, Trisha.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

riverrita1234
on 1/7/12 8:17 am
Trish, I noticed that you have a group about failed lap bands. I am currently in the same boat. How do I join?
Tx
MARIA F.
on 1/7/12 2:57 pm - Athens, GA
On January 7, 2012 at 4:17 PM Pacific Time, riverrita1234 wrote:
Trish, I noticed that you have a group about failed lap bands. I am currently in the same boat. How do I join?
Tx
It's actually N.M. that has the failed band group on OH. She was posting to Trish. Just click on the link in her signature line to go there.

I also have a failed band group on Facebook. Please join it also:

Failed Bands

FormerlyFluffy.com

Nic M
on 1/10/12 12:32 pm
Hi Riverrita,

I believe Maria already answered, but just click on the link in my signature and one of us will letcha in. Sorry to hear you're in the same boat... you'll find a LOT of us who know what you're going through. I look forward to knowing you.

Nicci

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Most Active