TUESDAY GRATEFUL POST

Vivian Prouty
on 12/26/11 9:45 pm - Fort Worth, TX
  Morning Everyone,

About all the signs of Christmas at my house has been packed away till next year.    Last night I was sitting looking at it and without gifts the tree just didn't look as pretty so I took everything down and packed it away.   I am SO grateful to have all that done.    We ALL have so very much in our lives to be grateful for.   Afterall..you can read....obviously have the use of a computer or you wouldn't be reading this.    Have had or about to have WLS to change your life for the better.     Today I am grateful for my life, health, family, friends. that I had WLS and all the choices of surgeries today.    Grateful for my home, loving family, future grandbaby who is in the oven....grateful for my eyes and that i have all my arms and legs.    Grateful that my brain works even though my memory isn't that wonderful anymore.   LOL   Grateful for all the blessings that have come into my life this year.   PLEASE share with us if you wlll what you are grateful for today.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Kim H.
on 12/27/11 6:34 am - Duluth, MN
We leave our decorations and tree up til after Epiphany(Jan6). I has been that way ever since my son was little....Jan 6 is his birthday. He and his family were not able to be with us for Christmas but they are coming that weekend! I am so excited to see him and my granddaughter. His girlfriend and her daughter may even be here, that will make it a true wonderful holiday. I love them all so much! Other than that I can not wiat til the holiday is over. I have not been following the WLS rules and I think I gained some weight. My will power is not very strong. I pray I can get back on track...and SOON!!! I am grateful for family, friends, my Lord Jesus Christ...and all my OH family. Happy New Year everyone!!!

~Kim~

Vivian Prouty
on 12/27/11 10:15 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 Kim.....don't beat yourself up for enjoying the holidays and the holiday foods.   Most of us do eat off our normal daily diets during the holidays.   It's OK and I KNOW that you will get right back on track after the 6th of Jan.   You enjoy your son and his family over the next week or so.   I love Christmas so much but with one of my sons not here....it just didn't feel right.    Next year will be a different story for us though.    We will have my son home and our first grandchild too.    You have a blessed New Year and enjoy your family time.    

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.

Kim H.
on 12/28/11 7:35 am - Duluth, MN
Vivian..thank you for your encouragement and support. I appreciate you so much. Today marks 10 months since my WLS. I have lost 43 pounds. So, I guess I am not doing THAT bad haha. I am sorry I went on about my son, when you were not able to be with yours this year. Forgive my insensitivity, please. I pray this new year brings you peace and happiness!

~Kim~

Vivian Prouty
on 12/28/11 8:06 am - Fort Worth, TX
 Kim....you have done a amazing job.   PLEASE don't appologize for talking about your son.  I am OK.   I got to spend from 3 till 8:30 PM with my son and we were both OK when my family left Christmas night.    Don't ever appologize for talking about your family.   My son is where HE wants to be and where WE want him to be.     This is all part of him getting over his drug addiction.    At least I got to spend time with him.   Many many of the men there had NO family members come since they were from different states.     Thank God we do live not too terribly far from where he is and I do see him at least 2 times a week.    I am so looking forward to 2012....a drug free son.....a new grandbaby from my oldest son and DIL and hopefully I can also loose a few more pounds.    Hope your new year is amazing too.    Enjoy your son and family.    

Most Active