I have been researching Gastric Bypass&Realize band and I had a couple of questions

Ashley A.
on 12/13/11 8:02 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 06/27/12

Hello iwillbebetter,

The other responses cover most of it but I wanted to give you my stats since I had a high BMI also. My surgeon was the same way when I was getting ready for surgery. They basicaly told me I would be unsuccessful with the band since I was so big. I had a BMI of 63.3, 5'11 454 lbs. I didn't want the bypass since it's so invasive. I lost over 180lbs during the first two years of being banded. I am 3 years out now, but I haven't been putting much effort into as I should be so I still have about 80 lbs to lose. I hope this info helps some. Good Luck with your WLS!

Realize Band-12.1.08 Revision to VSG-6.27.12

pwoo10
on 12/21/11 10:08 pm - IN
RNY on 06/06/12
This is YOUR body.  Do not let anyone change your mind.  If you want the band and your doctor won't do it go somewhere else.  You are the only one who knows you and what you are capable of doing.  Yes you will lose weight faster with Gastric bypass however it can fail just like every other WLS.  The surgery is just a tool and you have to be the one that change.  Research, research, research, ask questions, take notes and think about what you want. I have been putting off my surgery until I got to the point I was ready to make the choice on what I wanted.  You can't trade it in for another.  Good luck and remember your doctor works for you.

Most Active