MONDAY GRATEFUL POST

Vivian Prouty
on 11/20/11 10:43 pm - Fort Worth, TX
  Good Monday Morning Everyone,

I had one AMAZING weekend !!!   We had our support breakfast saturday AM and then I went shopping.    I went to JC Penney's and tried on some jeans ( the size I have been wearing ) and they were loose ( I knew my jeans were sliding down )...so just for fun I tried on the next smaller size and to my suprise...they fit !!!  Needless to say I left Penney's with them.   LOL   So it IS possible to lose weight way after the honeymoon stage.    BTW....tomorrow I will be 6 yrs. post op RNY.     I have ALWAYS done what my doctor said and always played by the rules.     Don't get my wrong.....I am NOT perfect and I DO mess up from time to time but  I get back on the program when I do.   Sorry to stray from my main thoughts LOL.     I am grateful SO grateful for dropping a pant size today.    I am grateful for my WLS and ALL the other choices you have today for WLS options.    Grateful for my husband and 3 sons and DIL.    Grateful for good health, that I can do things that I couldn't do the first half of my life and never thought that I could do.    Grateful for my Faith and answered prayers.    Grateful for life and all the blessings in my life and the lives of my family members.    Grateful for the program Teen Challenge who has helped to turn my middle son's life around in the right direction.    Grateful for Obesity Help and all wonderful people and message boards here everyday.   PLEASE share with us what you are grateful for today and everyday.    Have a blessed day !!!

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Kim H.
on 11/21/11 2:12 am - Duluth, MN
Vivian, CONGRATS on the 6 yrs post surgery..I can not wait to celebrate my ONE YEAR in Feb. My birthday is 24 days before the one yr anniversary so MY goal is to be at my goal WEIGHT by my birthday, but if not then by Feb 28...I am having a problem straying off program right now...my lack of will power is getting the best of me, but..and I was getting to the GRATEFUL part of this ..I am grateful for my OH support system and all the friends on here whom I am pretty sure struggle with similar things and are willing to share that and then also share suggestions to help us all! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

~Kim~

Vivian Prouty
on 11/21/11 4:36 am - Fort Worth, TX
 Kim I STILL struggle with the holidays and I am sure I always will.    We have to just remember that Christmas and Thanksgiving are only ONE day a year each.     If we can just get through that ONE day we will be OK.   I know all the holiday partys are a challenge for some but I truly only go to my bariatric surgeon's Christmas party and there is only LEGAL foods there.     Hang in there sweetie.....I am sure you will make your goal.   You have done a AMAZING job !!!!

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Most Active