Throat Air?

CROSS6901
on 11/14/11 4:59 am

I am 15 months post op with the Realize Band.  I have lost a total of 72 pounds and feel great except for two things:

1) After I eat or drink anything I get noise in my throat (sounds like air coming up).  This also happens at night for 20-30 minutes when I first lay down.  Not really a burp, just air sounds.  Anybody else experience this?

2)  Even with taking a probiotic and eating lots of dark green leafy vegies... I have been having lots of problems with constipation.  Is this because I am eating less and therefore have less waste? or is this a side effect of having the band?  I have never been a "everyday girl" but it's gotten to where its more like an every 5 day thing and then I have to work at it.

Appreciate feedback.

P.S. I do have a follow up with my doc later this week but thought I would post for others experiences. 

Tom C.
on 11/16/11 12:43 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
(1) I experience this only when I get "unstuck". Maybe it's the final stage of the food passing through your band. Kind of like when a sink finally drains. You may want to speak to your Doctor

(2) I experience this a lot since the band (almost 4 years). I know I get this when I have too much protein and not enough: liquid (water); fats; greens. You really need to experiment to see what finally works for you. In the mean time, use a "fiber" supplement to help keep you regular.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active