Support and Encouragement

purple39lady
on 11/6/11 9:00 am
Hello all,
  Hope you all are doing well.  I am having some difficulty staying on task and sticking to the plan.  I am exercising faithfully, at least 4-5 times a day and somedays twice a day.  I can't shake my desire for sweets.  I love them and really want to stop snacking on them.  I just don't want to screw up the positive changes that I have made.  Any help or suggestions would be great.  I need to just to stop the madness.    Thanks.

Vivian Prouty
on 11/6/11 9:29 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 To be honest.....I think when the holiday'**** we ALL have problems with one of the holiday foods or another.    Are you logging your food intake?    If not go to Dailyplate.com and start logging and measuring your food.     No matter which WLS you had done it is ALL about choices that we make and also the amount of food that we take in.   Many of us eat mindlessly and don't think it counts when no one sees us or even if we just have a bite.     It all counts in the end.   Also measure your food and I am sure if you do this along with daily exercise you will be successful.   Hope this makes sense and will help enourage you.    

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

purple39lady
on 11/7/11 10:25 am
Thanks so much Vivian.  I just came back from back to back classes at my gym(2hours) workout.  I ate my cup of turkey chili, downed 4 sheets of graham crackers.  I am full and miserable now.  I don't know what it is.  I use my fitness pal.com to log my food.  I am going to loook at the website you mentioned.  Again, thanks. 
Tom C.
on 11/8/11 5:32 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

Purple39lady,

When I find myself "out of control", I "reset" myself by getting BACK TO THE BASICS. 

What you need to do is pretend you just had the operation and do a few days (1 week) of liquids, then a few days (1 week) of soft foods, then back regular foods. What you are actually doing is purging/detoxifying your body of those “bad" foods that can/will cause cravings.

Give it a try, and see what happens

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
purple39lady
on 11/8/11 9:49 am
Tom, thanks so much for the advice.  I will try that.  You are always so helpful.  Again thanks.

Kim H.
on 11/10/11 11:33 pm - Duluth, MN
Tom, I do that too, but not for a whole week..I do it as though it is after a fill...2 days liquid two days pureed, two days soft then back to regular food...that was on the advice of MY nutritionist, and I KNOW all of them are gonna be a bit different so I just wanted to put in my 2 cents worth..for what it was worth. Have a great day everyone!!

~Kim~

purple39lady
on 11/11/11 9:42 am
Kim, thanks so much for your feedback.  I saw my doc today, I gained 1/2 lb, but he looked over my chart and I lost alot of weight the previous month.  I have increased my time in the gym and loving every minute of it.  I also attended a support group this morning before my appointment so that helped a lot as well. 

Kim H.
on 11/12/11 12:48 am - Duluth, MN
I LOVE my support group! And I love to work out ...so I should also be able to get back on track soon . Glad to help..that is what we are here for....

~Kim~

purple39lady
on 11/12/11 10:55 am
Support groups are wonderful.  I encourage anyone to attend them regularly.  I learn something new every time I go there.  I appreciate your words of wisdom Kim.   Thanks again.

Most Active