refilling band after pregnancy

kyliegirl7
on 8/13/11 4:51 am
i had my band unfilled while i was pregnant now i am 6 weeks out and looking to start to refill my band.  prepregnancy i was down to 158 now i am 198.  I am nervous i won't get back down to where i was.  Anyone else have any experiences with band and pregnancy?
Tom C.
on 8/13/11 8:18 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

I know you will be able to "spring back" to where you were. You know have another incentive to do this - a new born child. If nothing else keep you focused, think of seeing your child's child's child!!

Know we're here for you.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Amy 2bhealthy
on 8/17/11 11:34 am - STL Metro, IL
VSG on 09/13/12
The best advice I would give you is to go slowly. At least for me, my band was never the same post pregnancy. Sounds like more and more of that happening too. I hope you are an exception to that though. Pre Pregnancy I had about 6 cc in my band, with unfilling throughout pregnancy and the Dr put back in 3 or 4 cc about 2 months post pregnancy and it was horrible...at this point, I can't have anything in my band at all without it slipping, so I have to have removal and/or revision. Good luck to you!

Amy

Revision: Realize band to VSG....loving my sleeve!! 

Most Active