Hello Everyone

April A.
on 8/11/11 5:20 am
My name is April.  Mostly new to the boards. I've been browsing here and there for the last few months but hadn't posted yet.  I plan on getting Realize Band placed soon. Information went into the insurance company on Monday (8-8) and now I wait. They put me on the schedule for August 30th though.

I'm getting incredibly nervous. I was fine til I looked at the calendar today and realized that it is only 19 days away.  Its been a long year, filled with quitting smoking, giving up most of my favorite things, and changing my lifestyle. I'm more than ready to make this change, but it is scary, I've never had any type of surgery before minor or major. 

Kim H.
on 8/11/11 6:22 am - Duluth, MN
Good luck, April. We are all pulling for you!!!!!

~Kim~

Tom C.
on 8/11/11 6:39 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Welcome April!! Can't wait to see you on the Losers' Bench in the Winner's Circle!!

Know we're here for you!!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
April A.
on 8/12/11 12:31 am
thanks you both of you.
purple39lady
on 8/12/11 8:38 am
Glad to meet you April.  I know you must be nervous.  Everyone is.  This is a huge lifestyle change, but I believe you will be very pleased.  I had my band surgery in May of this year.  I love it.  You have accomplished a big goal:quitting smoking.  Great job.  Good luck to you April.  I look forward to hearing about your journey. 
JodiBoda
on 8/13/11 2:03 pm - Butler, PA
Welcome, April!  I just had my band put in three days ago.  It's been a long time coming, so I am really excited.  Good luck in your upcoming surgery!  I hope all goes smoothly for you.

Jodi

"Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light."  ~ Helen Keller

April A.
on 8/17/11 4:06 pm
thanks everyone. I finally got my approval today and my surgery day is set. August 30th. Its a huge relief just knowing its almost time.  Not to say my nerves aren't still there. Its like ahhhhhhh!!!! but in a good way.

Jodiboda, how are you feeling?

I have heard so many good and bad stories about this procedure, and I am hoping I am on the good end. I deal really well with pain (I have 4 children which is enough pain to last a lifetime) always have.  
horseychick
on 10/18/11 1:26 am
 April!  How did it go??
What are your thoughts?
Most Active