Nervous before even booking my surgery

Honniegal
on 8/10/11 7:04 am
Or excited. I can't tell.

Is this a very busy forum? I have been looking for a place where I can discover more people working the Realize band. Anyone know if it is very different than those Lap people? My friend just got the latter, my doc does the former, so I guess we will have a little competition.

Anyway, I'd love to know some of your favorite protein shakes/bars and if there is one food that just doesn't do well for you post band....let me know.
Tom C.
on 8/10/11 7:56 am, edited 8/11/11 6:37 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
While the Lapband board may be a bit "busier", we're a lot more loving .

It doesn't matter what operation you have, know we'll be here for you.

When it comes to protein shakes, my suggestion: take the plunge and test them NOW!! Every person's taste is different, and no 2 people will agree brand X is the best. Plus with all the different flavor's, brand X vanilla may be good, but brand Y chocolate is heavenly.

Protein drinks should be: between 20 and 30 grams of protein per serving (25 is recommended), contain less than 150 calories (110 recommended) contain less than 10 grams of carbohydrates (5 is recommended) (your Doctor/Nutritionist may have different rules – so follow their recommendation).

As for which BAND is best, honestly it's not the BAND that causes success or failure, but the person and the Doctor's guidance.

Good luck, and know we're here for you!!

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active