It's Been A While-UPDATE

Chelsea D.
on 8/1/11 8:32 am
Wow. I can't believe it's been nearly 2 months since my surgery!! It's going well. I'm down 39 pounds...and refuse to weigh again cause I keep fluctuating and even though I KNOW it's normal, it irritates me. So I'm adopting the once a week weigh in idea and if I DO cheat and get on the scale I've promised myself to just ignore the number I see. I'm super happy with my band and my success so far. I've gone down a size in pants and I believe I could go down 1 more if I really wanted to...LOL. I've not been as strict on myself as I should be...still eating the portions I'm supposed to but not always the foods I'm supposed to and not always the number of times I should....my Dr/Nut are "3 meals a day, no snacks" kinda people...I work 10-12 hours a day and it's hard to do that....so I do what works for me. BUT I need to get back to counting calories, etc AND I gotta join the gym. I've put it off because just moving my patients at work has been making me sore and I don't wanna pu****but our pool has been messed up and I havent been able to do my version of "water aerobics" for a couple of weeks....so to the gym it is!!! =) I'm excited to start working out again, just gonna be hard at first to make myself go after working all day...but once I start seeing those scales move I believe it'll get a lil easier!!!

I have a pretty major vacation coming up in September...I go every year...to a Car Show in Pigeon Forge, TN(I have a 66 mustang convertible)....so my goal is to be at 50 pounds lost by then....that gives me 5 weeks to lose 11-12 pounds...I CAN DO IT!!! It's way too early to be getting outta the swing of things....so I'm already going "back to basics"...here we go!!!

I have 2 coworkers who had RNY in April and I feel as though I am being compared to them...so I have to constantly explain to people WHY I chose the band and WHY I am ok with losing slower and WHY it's going to be best for me in the long run...it's annoying at times...but I'm educating people...and that feels pretty good!! =)
purple39lady
on 8/1/11 11:01 am
Chelsea,
  I am so glad to hear how great you have done since your surgery.  I believe you will get off 50 before your vacation.  I understand what you are talking about in regards to counting calories and working out.  I have week that I work out 3 x a week and then today I was supposed to go work out and I just sat in my chair after work.  I couldn't get in gear.  I too have days where I eat too much like crackers.  I just get on these kicks and I regret it.  I am supposed to go for my second fill this Friday.  My doc set a goal for me to lose 6 lbs.  I don't think I will make it.  I am finding that I really have to work hard at this.  Just keep spreading the word about the realize band and its success.  Keep up the good work.
Tom C.
on 8/4/11 4:09 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

Congrats on your success. You're doing good, and I love to see you're BACK BASICS. Enough is enough ;D!!

Keep up ...errr .. off .. the GREAT WORK!!

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active