Been a long time .. thinking about revision to rny

Twinels2
on 7/26/11 11:51 pm - Morgantown , PA
I havent been on these boards in forever! I am 1 yr and 4 months out and down 40 pnds from my hights 23 since surgery.. I wasn't losing weight for a long time now and my doctors started talking about the metabalism test. I took the test and my matabelism is slow. I burn 1247 calories resting .. the average is 1700. No wonder I wasn't losing. I was trying for 1200 calories and losing maybe a pound a month. I made an appointment with the nut and she said check into having a revision to rny. Now I have an appointment tomorrow to talk to the doc about it.
Has anyone had revision to rny after the band? If so please let me know about your experience.
Sharon

Vivian Prouty
on 7/27/11 12:01 am - Fort Worth, TX
 Sharon....I know quite a few people who have had revision from band to RNY and they have been very successful with it.    Praying for you that everything works out for you whatever decision you make.   One surgery doesn't fit everyone.    Sometimes one will work for one person and not the other.    They all work if done properly but sometimes if they don't work for you and you have to change to another one.    Good luck to you on your upcoming appointment and decision to be made.    

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

crystal M.
on 7/27/11 1:29 am - Joliet, IL
My doctor said those metabolism tests aren't accurate and will get a different answer from one day to the next.  I was looking about getting one and he said don't bother.
Twinels2
on 7/27/11 3:58 am - Morgantown , PA
Thank you Vivian.. I am glad to know others have had success. Thank you for your prayers also.
I am not sure about the metabolism test being accurate but, I do know I am losing weight even with 1200 calorie diet daily. They can however use the test to show my insurance that my revision is medically necessary, if I choose to go ahead with it..

chrislever226
on 8/7/11 11:32 am - nesconset, NY
I also want to have a revision to the GBpass.  I've lost 35 lbs and find the band very uncomfortable.  I wonder if my insurance will cover it?  
Most Active