Hard day

Countrygirl85
on 7/20/11 2:04 pm - Bedford, TX
My surgery is July 26th and im struggling with the pre-op diet. Today was day 3 and the first 2 days were easy now today I've been starving i've gotten all my protein plus some and i've messed up and I ate a salad with tomatos, cucumbers and with organic fat free dressing. That didn't satisfy me so I grabbed a slice of low fat cheese. Now im munching on another cucumber. All good things but I'm just so mad that I'm being weak,and speaking of weak I took a multi-vitamin to get my iron, but im shaking, and can barley lift my head up im so weak. I feel at any moment I could hit the floor. I've stayed in bed most of the day. I'm so ready to go to a drive thru.

Vivian Prouty
on 7/20/11 10:50 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 You live in my neck of the woods.   PLEASE don't do this to yourself.    Don't set yourself up for failure so close to your surgery date.    Trust me...it will be OK.     When you get really hungry.....do some fluids and lots of them.   When you fill your stomach up with  water, tea...etc. you won't feel those dreaded "hunger pains".    Take your vitamins daily.   That is very important no matter which WLS you have.    You will be OK.    If you are looking for a support group to attend.   I am a OH Support Group Leader and my meetings are in Keller.   I live in N. Richland Hills.    If you need support and want to talk to me one on one....let me know and I will give you my phone number.   Keep your head up....you will be OK.   LOTS of support here on OH.  

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Kim H.
on 7/21/11 2:27 am - Duluth, MN
Listen to Vivian! She knows what she is talking about! Please don't sabotage yourself!You WILL be ok! I promise! And drinking LOTS of fluids is imperative, especially after surgery, so, get used to it. ...lol...

~Kim~

Vivian Prouty
on 7/21/11 2:45 am - Fort Worth, TX
 Thank you for backing me up Kim.   I am not a band expert but I do know alot and I have several of my support group members who have one of the lap band surgeries.   YOU have a wonderful day today.

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.

Kim H.
on 7/21/11 2:49 am - Duluth, MN
You are welcome! By the way, I LOST 3.5 pounds while I was in Vegas! Not bad, huh? Sorry, I do not mean to brag...

~Kim~

Vivian Prouty
on 7/21/11 2:54 am - Fort Worth, TX
 YOU can brag ALL YOU WANT !!!!  WOO HOO.....you rock that band Kim.   I am SO proud of you.    It always makes you feel amazing coming home from a vacation with a weight loss....not many people can say that.   SO proud of you !!!!   Keep on doing what you are doing.   It is working for you.

Most Active