Diet ideas for vegetarian and gallbladder problems

heytinafey
on 7/20/11 11:35 am
This is my first post, but I've read many of the others on the board.  I was banded June 14, and I had my first fill (3.4cc) July 12 (last week).

I just wanted to share that only two weeks after surgery I started having symptoms that turned out to be my gallbladder , and I had it taken out just three weeks after surgery.  

I've seen people talking about chest, back, and shoulder pain.  If that is a problem for you, please ask your doctor about your gallbladder!

Apparently rapid weight loss will trigger gallbladder problems.

------

I would love tips and sample daily diets.  I am having trouble finding foods and recipes that fit the band lifestyle but suit my tastes.  I don't like eating meat very often, and I can only stand so much tofu...

------

I lost 16 of my 25 pounds in the two weeks before surgery.  Nine pounds in five weeks since surgery is NOT suiting me!  Considering doing liquids again to speed up loss and break through the 200lb mark, but I think my expectations may be too high?

I do exercise 30 minutes almost every day, but the gallbladder surgery stalled me on that for about 10-14 days, which probably contributed to the slow loss.

Thanks!

Kim H.
on 7/21/11 12:45 pm - Duluth, MN
I wanted to be on the liquid diet longer too..I really could have done it forever(I am NOT crazy, lol) but they told me that if I did that I would have MANY problems and end up ONLY being able to eat stuff we need to stay away from**** cream, milk shakes, high calorie liquid stuff), so, please, lower your expectations. I lost the same amounts of weight you did, during those same times. The only times I am told to do the liquid diet is a few days after a fill. Please be patient. When you are cleared to exercise again, try to do more than 30 minutes, and , it has been suggested to me by people in here to "change up" the types of exercises. Just my opinion.

~Kim~

Most Active