Pre Op weight loss HELP!

frenchr77
on 7/9/11 12:20 pm - NY
Hi everyone....I am new to this message board.  I have a surgery for a realize band scheduled for August 11th.  I am currently trying to lose at least my 5%. I just started my 6 weeks of weight loss recently. They have me doing lean and green to lose my weight. I am really having a hard time.  Any suggestions?  I have to start losing weight or they will cancel my surgery. 
Arkansastraveler
on 7/9/11 1:13 pm
Protein first!
wharffrat
on 7/9/11 6:53 pm, edited 7/9/11 6:53 pm - NJ
I lost 16 lbs pre-op by trying the protein shakes and foods of the future, thinking about what I was actually eating & if it would fit into my new healthy lifestyle, starting my exercise stamina build up, and making friendships with other WLS people via support groups and online.  It was a combination of all these items that help me prep for the life change and I lost weight while doing them.  A win win situation   

I hope this helps 
341lbs start journey weight / 325 lbs surgery day weight    
Realize Band Surgery preformed on  6/1/2011
My sharing here on OH is from my own experience, strength, & hope.  I am not a medical professional.  Doctors and medical professional know best and their directions should be followed.

purple39lady
on 7/10/11 11:05 am
I cut out all carbs and ate my protein first(lean) and veggies.  I increased my water intake and also drank protein shakes.  You can do it.  I lost 10lbs during this phase.  YOu will do this.  Stay in contact on the message boards as well.
kimkeever
on 7/11/11 1:06 am - AZ
My surgeon's office had me on a liquid diet....nothing but protien shakes, sugar free jello, broth, skim milk, crystal lite, water, etc...Protien shakes were 3-4x per day, I think it was a minimum of 60 grams for the day (that I cant remember)...It was to help shrink my liver so that way it was easier for the dr to do the surgery....I lost about 16 lbs on it...

Most Active