PRESURGERY JITTERS

BRITTNEY6901
on 6/25/11 1:35 am - VA
Surgery date scheduled for July 13. I have waited for 2 years for the surgery and now that I have a date I am getting so antsy. Any suggestions on how to calm down.
purple39lady
on 6/25/11 11:21 am
Brittney,  it is perfectly normal to be nervous.  I prayed of course and thought about the changes I was going to make in my life to make the journey successful.  Just have thoughts thoughts and plan.  Prayer is powerful.  I did something fun everyday that was out of the norm for me to do.  For example, I took a walk through the downtown area of my small town.  I played a lot with my new puppy.  I also planned what I was going to do with my old wardrobe.  LOL.  Most importantly I stayed on the message boards and talked to others.  Take deep breaths and try and relax.  Good luck Brittney. 
Tom C.
on 6/25/11 7:24 pm, edited 6/25/11 7:25 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Purple39lady said it the best!!! 

Know what you're feeling is normal, and we're here for you!!

Good luck!! Can't wait to see you on the Losers' Bench in the Winners' Circle
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
kimkeever
on 6/27/11 12:51 am - AZ
Good luck on your journey....It is normal to be nervous but that you will be healthier in the long run...Purple lady39 said it best...Keep us posted...

~~kim

BRITTNEY6901
on 6/27/11 10:34 am - VA
 Thanks everyone. I go for preop class tomorrow evening. will definitely keep posting. Everyone have a blessed and prosperous day...
Kim H.
on 6/28/11 5:43 am - Duluth, MN
Good luck, though I know it will all be fine. I like the thing you said about thinking abput what to do with your old wardrobe once it is all too big. I take mine to Savers which benefits Disabled Veterans and every time you bring a bag in they give you a 20% off coupon for the next time you buy. So I always buy an item or two of clothing that fits me NOW..and then the process begins again.

~Kim~

Most Active